San Benito County/Hollister Police Switching to Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was voting all sites would have the same MO (mobile input) frequency, since they have multiple site locations in the license and multiple FB2's (fixed base repeater transmit frequencies) with each their own MO frequency its probably not a system with voting receivers.. If it was voting there would likely only be one MO frequency on the license as their coverage area is well within the standard licensed 40km radius. If they had a coverage area greater then 40km you would see the same MO frequency licensed around another FB2 location to give them whatever extended coverage they needed.

Most likely HPD will be going nexedge conventional digital, where all sites will be conventional digital repeaters IP linked and beacon every so often so radios can roam about the system autonomously.

Sounds like a multicast system like here in Monterery County

Last edited:
I was able to message the Chief of Police in Hollister on facebook and he confirmed that it is going to be a multicast system like Monterey County SO/FD. 6 linked repeaters to cover the city and make sure there is no dead spots.

norcalbusa

My BCT15X doesn't do digital and of course that's the one channel I want. What do I need instead? If I bribe a 14 year old, will they know how to program it?

My BCT15X doesn't do digital and of course that's the one channel I want. What do I need instead? If I bribe a 14 year old, will they know how to program it?

The Chief said the project is still in the planning phase at the moment and won't be completed until about a year from now. So they will remain on analog for quite a while. As for the type of digital they will be using, it's Kenwood NXDN, so you're going to want to get a Uniden BCD536HP desktop scanner or the Uniden BCD436HP handheld scanner. Either one will require an upgrade which is done on the computer with a software update. It may be a little difficult for a 14 year old who probably doesn't know much about scanners.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Just keep in mind if they go with the nx5200 series they can use nxdn and p25 same time or if need be. I know a couple agencies going this route to interior with someone else while using nxdn. Why I like the NX5200 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.