San Bernardino CA 8-1 you need to turn off your tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I was confused with the tactical sounding operations as well...then again, the admins did advertise the feed on their Facebook page. That would give an indication that they were letting the violation slide to please the listeners.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Sounds like the scanner is in open/search mode. Feed provider and Admin notified.

They've been notified throughout the night according the California forums. It may not be dealt with until morning. I just find it kind of disturbing that people would let tactical channels be broadcasted online without a single person attempting to report it until well after there is an actual risk for officers involved. I guess people who listen to live audio just enjoy hearing the action regardless of ToS.

Last edited:

techman210

San Bernardino County System 8 Live Scanner Audio Feed

You're broadcasting search/tracking team and deputies locations and tactics in the clear. Please turn off the tac channels ASAP. :mad:

TOS explains why.

Feed Provider Terms of Service - The RadioReference Wiki

Admins, you need to move on this fast, the manhunt is still going at this time.

spectr17, you are barking up the wrong tree.

First of all, you have made several posts here promoting your own feed. No other feeds that cover the mountain communities have appeared in your posts.

The "Other feed" that you keep referring to, has over 3000 listeners in prime-time while your feed, has about 300. Do I sense "feed-envy" here?

Most of the critical SWAT-type comms have been happening on the Sheriff's PRIMARY channel. The normal traffic that usually has been heard on the primary channel, has been moved to 8-TAC-2. This means that YOU as well as the other provider are rebroadcasting traffic that would normally be heard on a TACTICAL channel. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

You might want to re-evaluate your own feed. It has lots of white noise and distortion, and you cover so many systems/frequencies, that most listeners go somewhere else to separate the chaff from the traffic that they are interested in. Finding a "key audience" and coverage area that is previously unserved is the key to success here on RR.

I wish you luck in the future.

spectr17

techman, I did post the 8-1 feed in a Facebook group to help those looking to listen and then deleted it when it was pointed out that tac channels were being broadcast. It was pointed out to me that the lat/longs were going out on that feed while the search dogs were working. I really dont' care who has the best feed or most listeners, I have friends on that mtn and all they and I ask is we don't broadcast the tac channels. 40King just asked that lat/long be sent to cellphone, they are aware of the broadcast. I also posted the Big Bear Scanner for people to use so please don't specualte on what you think I've done or my motives. Funny thing is the admin on SoCalMountain who runs the Big Bear Scanner is also asking for no tac channels or info that may compromise a deputy's safety.

It's all spelled out in the TOS, the one we all agreed to abide by.

And yes I'm aware of the white noise, it's a new feed and I'm still tweaking it. Thank you for the feeback.

Last edited:

techman210

techman, I did post the 8-1 feed in a Facebook group to help those looking to listen and then deleted it when it was pointed out that tac channels were being broadcast. It was pointed out to me that the lat/longs were going out on that feed while the search dogs were working. I really dont' care who has the best feed or most listeners, I have friends on that mtn and all they and I ask is we don't broadcast the tac channels. 40King just asked that lat/long be sent to cellphone, they are aware of the broadcast.

It's all spelled out in the TOS, the one we all agreed to abide by.

I believe you were ranting about someone else. I do not know that provider. This is why I replied - as an uninvolved third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.