San Bernardino City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwstalk

I just have a quick question. I have successfully programmed a number of things from conventional to trunked systems in my bct15 using arc15 software via this website. I have done alot of looking around to see if I could find a solution to my problem, but so far have nto seen nor heard anything in regards to it.

So you ask, what is my problem?

Well I dont get anything with San Bernardino City. I have it set to CC only and have double checked all freqs listed and they are programmed just right. I was wondering if anyone else is having this same problem or not?

I have never had a problem with anything else that I have been listening to that's why I thought it may a problem with just SBCity. Any comments or help is much appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

kd6ecz

I work in San Bernardino and I am able to monitor the system with no problems at all. I don't have my Pro-96 handy so I'm not quite sure how it is configured unfortunately.

What scanner are you using? Is it set to scan the system as a Motorola Type II trunked system? You may also want to check to see if you have it set as a regular or splinter system but it sounds like you aren't receiving anything at all right now so I doubt that's the problem.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Are the systems setup as Splinter? It won't matter if the site only uses 866-869 but if it trunks to anything lower in freq the system will need to be set as a Splinter system.

Kwstalk

I downloaded it straight from the RR site. I have a dloaded a lot of stuff (trunk) from the site and never had a problem. I am just wondering if I am to far away to receive. I am listening from about 5 miles away from the heart of the city so Im not sure.

disp10

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar problem with my Pro-96, and solved it by setting the system to splinter. Maybe that will help you.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
disp10 said:
I had a similar problem with my Pro-96, and solved it by setting the system to splinter. Maybe that will help you.
Yeah, it may not have imported correctly since there's no marker for splinter systems.

Kwstalk

Thanks guys. I reloaded it without the control channel only set and I changed to slpinter and it worked perfectly.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
So should all of the San Bernardino systems be splinters?
It depends. Splinter offsets the frequencies between 851 and 866MHz. In the border regions the frequencies are shifted down 12.5kHz. So 857.7375 now means 857.7250, 856.0625 is 856.0500, etc. If you see a Motorola system with those lower freqs used then you must set it as Splinter.

I don't recall where the line is but it may or may not run through San Berdoo.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
IIRC, San Bernardino County (and city) are operating on waivers that allow splinter channel operation outside the border area.

Status
Not open for further replies.