San Bernardino County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrholm

Sounds like all the old systems are dead. Is anyone getting anything on them? Been thinking of deleting them.

Blogan52, have you programed all the sites? Because I don't think the system has settled down on what is what yet, at least from the DB. When I'm in the desert I get hits indicating it's a valley site I'm getting traffic on.

blogan52

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like all the old systems are dead. Is anyone getting anything on them? Been thinking of deleting them.

Blogan52, have you programed all the sites? Because I don't think the system has settled down on what is what yet, at least from the DB. When I'm in the desert I get hits indicating it's a valley site I'm getting traffic on.

yup, programmed all the frequencies for the talkgroups I am interested in

f40ph

Feed Provider
Anyone have an idea why, on a BCD996XT, even with the new rebanded frequencies updated, and most current firmware installed, we are still not hearing any SBCo Fire traffic?
Maybe start from scratch. (I use FreeScan)
Pick a site near you https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7016
(hopefully, you're in an area with some traffic and not a remote area that only sees occasional users like Ridgecrest)
Create a new system in the scanner, be sure to set for P25.
Next create a new site on that system. *Also be sure to set for P25.
Enter the trunking frequencies listed under the second tab (under site setup)
Next either create a group of TGs to scan or set the radio to search.

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Try using the Mountain Simulcast System. I can not pickup any other system except for this one. The nice thing is that if you can pickup the Mountain system then most and I think all of Fire is carried on this TRS.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Good point. There's always a radio on nearly every TG that sees the mountain system as a better site to affiliate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.