San Bernardino County Trunked System Site for I-15 north of Baker/Halloran Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Recently on 5-0 radio when listening to the System 1 feed (https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/7010) I heard ME53 speaking to Clark County Rescue from Jean and they asked the CCFD unit to switch to 3-Tac-6. I am a little vexed on which of the trunked systems that would have been used on, as I thought that the I-15 corridor near Baker/Mountain Pass was on the Fire-x (x=A,B,C,D, etc...) conventional repeater channel (used to be D-Fire-3 or D-Fire-4). Does anyone know which of the repeaters for the San Bernardino Trunked systems works reliably there that they would ask the CCFD unit to switch to a trunked channel, rather than a conventional channel?

techman210

The 856 MHz conventional repeaters are all going away. The only conventional repeaters remaining on the Fire system will be the VHF systems on Flash, Rodman, Aerojet, etc.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
The 856 MHz conventional repeaters are all going away. The only conventional repeaters remaining on the Fire system will be the VHF systems on Flash, Rodman, Aerojet, etc.
Do you know which Trunked System IS being used in that area along I-15 from Baker/Dumont Dunes/StateLine? If the conventional repeaters are going to be deprecated, which trunked site/system will they be using?

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I’m going to make a wild guess that it’s the “high desert simulcast“ system that’s listed in the database
That system's GPS shows it is located at the I-15 & SR-18. Not sure if that system would reach that far up the I-15...

f40ph

Feed Provider
It’s a SIMULCAST system. That GPS you refer to is only one location of several stretching out to the NV state line.
The former conventional sites are now trunked in Baker and Mountain Pass.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
How soon are the 800 conventionals going away, if anyone has a time frame?

f40ph

Feed Provider
Three are already gone. Baker, Mt Pass, and Tiefort at Ft Irwin.
The rest will likely be a year or two max.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Got it, thanks! So listening to the "high desert simulcast" should cover that whole stretch of the I-15. Thanks for the clarity!

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks... one more thing...any idea what is used out SR-127 near Dumont Dunes/Inyo County line?

f40ph

Feed Provider
Trunking 3-cmd-6 with poor coverage. The County radio folks are looking at installing a new simulcast trunking site at Ibex to rectify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.