San Diego / Imperial Co Regional Communications System Update Thread

mike619

My group has been told to have our RCS radios available for the radio techs to reprogram later in February. The word encryption is included in the email. Hopefully that does not mean full time but rather to just have the availability if needed on the law enforcement talkgroups.

Someone asked that question in the Nextgen topic and K6CDO said no not full encryption like Orange County.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
There are new Sheriff's "Tac 3"'s for each area that will be slaved as always encrypted. SDPD is doing the same thing with a third always encrypted channel for each division.

Paul

W6KRU

I just imported some sites for Imperial Co. and they are set to Custom bandplans. Is that required or should they be Standard like the SD sites?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
They should be standard.

Don, on my 996XT's, I still need to run the cutom bandplan (the one we used in the week running up to the reband) on the EAST site. If I run it as normal/standard 800, it will just search for control channel, and if I press hold, the control channel doesn't sound right, no motorboat, just almost like static. The EAST site is the only site I have this issue with.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Don, on my 996XT's, I still need to run the cutom bandplan (the one we used in the week running up to the reband) on the EAST site. If I run it as normal/standard 800, it will just search for control channel, and if I press hold, the control channel doesn't sound right, no motorboat, just almost like static. The EAST site is the only site I have this issue with.

Paul

Interesting. You are referring to the current SmartZone 470F system and not the 057E P25 system, right?

Don

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Correct...the 470F. WhennI lock onto the full signal east CC, the scanner will not display the system and site unless the bandplan is set to custom instead of standard.

Paul

K3OZO

Correct...the 470F. WhennI lock onto the full signal east CC, the scanner will not display the system and site unless the bandplan is set to custom instead of standard.

Paul

I had the same issue on my 396XT last time I drove out I-8 toward the Imperial county line after rebanding. I didn't have the custom bandplan programmed in anymore so I could not receive the East cell at all. I'm going to put in the custom bandplan back on my 396 and confirm it tomorrow as I should be out by Alpine for awhile.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
So that RCS is going or in the process of Nexgen. What will be after that? Has Brawley PD radios been upgrade to 057E P25 yet?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
UltraNextGen? I guess we will find out in 15 years when 6G integrates averything 5G showed us was possible.

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
So that RCS is going or in the process of Nexgen. What will be after that? Has Brawley PD radios been upgrade to 057E P25 yet?

All of the agency radios have been upgraded to P25 Phase 1 or replaced with P25 Phase 2 equipment. As agencies achieve having all Phase 2 radios, they will move to Phase 2 operations.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Don, is the Phase I/II interoperability of the NextGen going to operate dynamically to switch between phases dependent upon affiliated radio phases, or will there be any set phase I lock-in for any length of time? The radio techs I hear seem to like phase I better than phase 2...I bet they prefer 25kHz analog and Folgers coffee also in a blind taste test. :)

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Don, is the Phase I/II interoperability of the NextGen going to operate dynamically to switch between phases dependent upon affiliated radio phases, or will there be any set phase I lock-in for any length of time? The radio techs I hear seem to like phase I better than phase 2...I bet they prefer 25kHz analog and Folgers coffee also in a blind taste test. :)

Paul

If all of the radios on a talkgroup are Phase II, then the channel will operate Phase II. If one radio is Phase I anywhere in the network, than all radios will operate Phase I. The Mutual Aid talkgroups (for now) will operate Phase I.