San Diego VA Medical Center Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows any of the radio frequencies used by the San Diego VA Medical Center in La Jolla (including their Police Department)? The VA PD in Southern California tends to use P25 conventional in the 406 - 420 MHz range (with the default 293 NAC) so that's where I'm going to start looking.

The wiki has a lot of information on the VA for the rest of California so it's a good starting place. U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs - The RadioReference Wiki

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Dont know about the SD facility, however what is in wiki for Los Angeles for example I believe is out of date.

I have not heard any activity on the listed LA VA frequency but instead have seen what looks like push to talk cell-phones employed by most staff including the security folks.
Once when walking the dog at the big VA complex grounds I brought the scanner along to see if I could ever get any near-hits on VHF or UHF govt bands, but no luck.

Maybe SD is similar?

kma371

QRT
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows any of the radio frequencies used by the San Diego VA Medical Center in La Jolla (including their Police Department)? The VA PD in Southern California tends to use P25 conventional in the 406 - 420 MHz range (with the default 293 NAC) so that's where I'm going to start looking.

The wiki has a lot of information on the VA for the rest of California so it's a good starting place. U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs - The RadioReference Wiki

416.00000 103.5 VA Hospital La Jolla
410.20000 103.5 VA Hospital La Jolla
408.00000 D754 VA Hospital Long Beach

This is what I have, don't know how current it is :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks a lot guys! They may very well be using PTT cell phones (since I haven't found anything before now) but I'll give those a try. :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Update:

I've been getting 5 second long MotoTRBO data bursts about once every couple minutes on 409.325. I got it from a sweeper hit near the VA but getting full signal strength from a couple miles away, so this may actually be a repeater on Mt Soledad. It is confirmed TRBO conventional, and decodes in DMRDecode as:

Code:
DMR Date Frame
Colour Code 3 Idle
Short LC: Nul_Msg

I've also seen 409.325 listed as a new DEA repeater freq, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use MotoTRBO over P25. So my guess is VA maintenance or police (or both since the same repeater has two time slots).

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
416.00000 103.5 VA Hospital La Jolla
410.20000 103.5 VA Hospital La Jolla
408.00000 D754 VA Hospital Long Beach

This is what I have, don't know how current it is :)

Thanks again Bill! I was just able to confirm 410.20 131.8 PL (simplex) as maintenance/engineering type traffic. The 409.325 TRBO idle messages are still going off as well so I'm wondering if this is the PD's repeater. It looks like VA La Jolla Medical Center does have radios, they just barely use them. I'm still on the hunt for their PD channel, since they have among other things - brand new Dodge Charger patrol cars and their own K9 unit - and routinely make traffic stops in city jurisdiction outside the VA campus... So I'd be highly surprised if they were doing all that over a nextel.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Thought I would resurrect this old thread to confirm I finally found the San Diego VA Police! They're on:

407.6125 Mhz - 371 DPL. It is a repeater and the input is unknown, with MDC1200 type signalling heard.

The reason it took 8 months to find these guys is because they BARELY TALK!!!

The MotoTRBO repeaters I mentioned in the previous post are still very active, but ended up being totally unrelated to the VA. They appear to be part of a new military or federal wide-area system (non-trunked), with 409.325 likely being on Mt Soledad and 413.525 being further east (possibly Mt Woodson?). It's worth noting that during the Miramar airshow this year many of the marines (including some of the PMO/MP types) were carrying MotoTRBO XPR6550 portables, which could have been part of this system (or simply rental radios from Day Wireless).

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Good catch.

If its compliant with the new Fed standards then the input should be +9Mhz.

I'm still trying to figure out where the VA Police at their Los Angeles medical center are hiding.

JoeyC

I think the reason it took 8 months to find was more in that you were searching all over for them. I've plugged that freq in the scanner and they are as active as any hospital security I've listened to. A few transmissions per hour. Good catch!

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I guess I'm used the the UCSD Hillcrest & Thornton guys that talk up a storm on "SEC S".

"Security 13 to station Delta!!!"

mike619

Yes I listen to UCSD security now and then Station Delta radio check etc also I hear them say code brown etc what do those mean?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
This thread is regarding the Federal VA Police Department. Please start a new thread with questions about UCSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.