San Francisco County Digital Scanner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFC415

Hello, so i'm from San Francisco City, California, San Francisco County.

I have a digital trunk scanner (PRO-96) which I was trying to monitor the Narcotics channel because it seems so interesting to hear about the stings; especially when the show DEA just came out, i was so excited to monitor it. But, when i was using the pro96, it seems like i don't hear anything at all on all of the 5 narcotics channel, or even the tactical channel???

is the site out dated or what could be the problem?

for sure, i know how to set my scanner and i know i didn't make a mistake because i culd receive all the other channels such as the local PD.

Please help?

timmer

Probably all encrypted. I seriously doubt you will ever be able to monitor any of that radio traffic. They don't want the bad guys listening in, or anyone, for that matter.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I can't say for sure about SF - I'm in the Baltimore Maryland area - but around here, the old 400 mhz DEA channels are used only rarely. I'm willing to bet they're using Nex-hell....(at least around here) 73 Mike

ridgescan

I have the BC785D, I get the narcotics task force within the digital trunking of San Franciscounder talkgroups 13104 and 13136. Lots of stakeouts. Is that what you had in mind?

SFC415

I have the BC785D, I get the narcotics task force within the digital trunking of San Franciscounder talkgroups 13104 and 13136. Lots of stakeouts. Is that what you had in mind?

Yes, thtat is exactly what i had in mind when i listened to those channels, but when i looked at the channels on this website, i thought there would be a lot more channels like that (narcotics 1-5, tactical, etc..) but i guess it doesn't work.

if those narcotics channels are encrypted to even teh digital scanner than, really its no point of paying so much for teh digital trunk scanners, might as well get the regular trunking scanners right.

thanks for the help anyway.

SFC415

Probably all encrypted. I seriously doubt you will ever be able to monitor any of that radio traffic. They don't want the bad guys listening in, or anyone, for that matter.

if its all encrypted then why does this radiorefernce site even list them as digital ? they should be listed as "unusable" ?

thanks for the suggestion anyway.

ridgescan

Yes, thtat is exactly what i had in mind when i listened to those channels, but when i looked at the channels on this website, i thought there would be a lot more channels like that (narcotics 1-5, tactical, etc..) but i guess it doesn't work.

if those narcotics channels are encrypted to even teh digital scanner than, really its no point of paying so much for teh digital trunk scanners, might as well get the regular trunking scanners right.

thanks for the help anyway.
Sure. Sorry I couldnt do more-I know I'm not even tapping the surface getting what I do, but it's fun listening nonetheless:) 73s

Status
Not open for further replies.