San Francisco-How to??...

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsoscansavy

Premium Subscriber
Can someone give me info on getting San Francisco FD transmissions? I have the Uniden BCT15 TrunktrackerIII. I get all of the Bay Area's transmission, and I want to try SF. I looked up the frequencies in the database and I don't understand anything listed there at all. (Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet and am having a brain fart?)
Please explain the SF trunking system....thanks.

P-3_Radio_Guy

Can someone give me info on getting San Francisco FD transmissions? I have the Uniden BCT15 TrunktrackerIII. I get all of the Bay Area's transmission, and I want to try SF. I looked up the frequencies in the database and I don't understand anything listed there at all. (Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet and am having a brain fart?)
Please explain the SF trunking system....thanks.

Where are you located? San Francisco's coverage is limited close in to the City so that other agencies can reuse the frequencies. It's not like Santa Clara County Fire which I have heard in Sacramento.

dougr1252

To get you started, SF has 2 systems: Public Safety (CERS) and Public Works. I don't think the talkgroups cross over at all. The public safety system has 2 control channels - 866.2250 and 866.9625. So you want to create a Motorola Type 2 system with those 2 frequencies, then create a group to hold the SF Fire talkgroups from the database. If you need help in doing the programming for a trunked system, understanding talkgroups, etc., the Uniden forum can help you out.

notsoscansavy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip. I entered the control channels, but I am having a hard time finding the option in my scanner of where to enter the fire talkgroups. I dont know where to enter the 5 digit ID. This is my first time programming trunked, Im sure I will figure it out. Maybe check out the web instead of my owners manual... which is not helping me at all!

dougr1252

Set up the new system as MOT 800MHz Standard.

On my BR330 which is also DMA, to enter talkgroups it would be :
Program System
Select System (whatever you called it)
Edit Group
New Group
Edit Name (optional)
Edit Channel
New Channel
Input TGID

If your BCT15 has the same menu, this is where you enter the talkgroup ID's. It's confusing because it says "New Channel", but you want to enter talkgroups. If this doesn't match your scanner, then post in the Uniden forum so someone who owns this radio can get you going.

Last edited:

dougr1252

In the evening, you can hear Sac Fire A1 and B1 simulcast in various places in the Bay Area no problem. VHF is fun ...

Where are you located? San Francisco's coverage is limited close in to the City so that other agencies can reuse the frequencies. It's not like Santa Clara County Fire which I have heard in Sacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.