San Francisco Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I noticed when scanning Media frequencies using the Location Based Scanning on my SDS100, the only frequencies that came up were out of Sacramento. These Sacramento Media frequencies have a large radius of 90 miles. It made me curious where the Santa Clara Media frequencies might be?

It looks like there are no user submitted Media frequencies for Santa Clara. Does anyone know if these companies have abandoned their old analog repeater network and gone to NXDN/DMR? I see there is a big thread in the LA area about a NXDN system.

Does anyone have any hints as to where this traffic has gone?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Most if not all of the Bay Area Media frequencies are listed under San Francisco. I still hear KTVU’s used regularly when their helicopter is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scannermike11

Banned
all of Reporter have moved to cell phone you will only hear when they are in a place that they do not have
cell coverage and they can not use there cell phone from inside the helicopter so they use the 450 freq
that it and it is the same all over the US in all big Media areas

scannermike11

Banned
all of the Reporter have moved to cell phone you will only hear when they are in a place that they do not have
cell coverage and they can not use there cell phone from inside the helicopter so they use the 450 freq
that it and it is the same all over the US in all big Media areas

SORRY SOME TIMES THIS WEB SITE DROPS WORDS THIS THE CORRECT SPELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.