San Juan County Fire Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I notice a lack of fire department information listed in San Juan County. I assume there are fire departments and they use radios.

kc7rhw

I think they are still on vhf freq. And Still have volunteer fire fighters and no full time paid i drive through there on a daily bases

kc7rhw

they get dispatch by Grand county see grand county freq. for moab they have their own dispatch

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately some areas dont have user submitted data which that what radio reference is.

I would use the fcc license search, and try multiple names, San juan, county of etc and go through it. A scanner in search will also probably be quicker for common used.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately some areas dont have user submitted data which that what radio reference is.

I would use the fcc license search, and try multiple names, San juan, county of etc and go through it. A scanner in search will also probably be quicker for common used.

I'm working on that now. I'm moving out to SW Colorado next month. I'm trying to get an idea of the area radio systems,,,, realizing that the database may or may not be accurate.

kc7rhw

if you are moving to sw colorado you will need a digital scanner they are on a p25 system
i drive all over colorado . From the big city to the small city are on this system. refer to radio reference
for the site and channel.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
if you are moving to sw colorado you will need a digital scanner they are on a p25 system
i drive all over colorado . From the big city to the small city are on this system. refer to radio reference
for the site and channel.
Done. Long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.