Sangean HDR-14 Noise Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
Hi. I have an HDR-14 from sangean and it works good overall. However, one issue I am having is some sort of interference-like sound on certain frequencies (107.3, 106.3, 90.1 to name a few). The best way I can describe it is it sounds like a tone kind of. It's more of a high pitched tone, and it seems to get worse when I touch the part where antenna joint and telescoping sections meet.

I will also note that, I had a PR-D18 (also by sangean) and the same problem occurred on that radio as well.

This can happen even when I'm away from any other electronics or appliances.

Looking for any tips or help.

prcguy

Take the radio out in the yard away from the house and see if it has the same problem. If your indoors using the attached antenna its probably picking up RFI from a number of things in the house like computer equipment, small switching power supplies or charging cubes plugged into the wall, could be anything.

BC2001

Jesse
Take the radio out in the yard away from the house and see if it has the same problem. If your indoors using the attached antenna its probably picking up RFI from a number of things in the house like computer equipment, small switching power supplies or charging cubes plugged into the wall, could be anything.
Thanks for your response. I have tried taking it outside, but it still has that problem unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.