sanyo eneloops

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

does anyone here use the sanyo 2700 mah eneloop batteries ?.if so what are your opinion's ?. do they really hold their charge ?. where did you buy them ?.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
pdfdems286 said:
does anyone here use the sanyo 2700 mah eneloop batteries ?.if so what are your opinion's ?. do they really hold their charge ?. where did you buy them ?.

They only make a 2000mah in the AA size. I use them, have 16 at this time but will be getting more every month until I have a quantity sufficient to my needs (to be determined :lol: ) Even though they are rated for less capacity then many other batteries, they are still great because they hold their charge a long time and they actually have their rated capacity while many of the 2500-2900mah AAs do not.

HHgregg usually has them for $7.99 4pk, if you have any close by. Circuit had them on sale a few times at $14.99 8pk, so that is worth checking up on.

Buy them, you will not be disappointed.

avgas

I use them in my Pro-96. I am charging them in a Radioshack charger so I would be willing to say they will charge in any charger. Mine do hold a charge way longer sitting on the shelf than other brands. I bought mine at "The source". I like them, I will buy more when I find a good deal on them.

Grog

Banned
AlabamaRS said:
can you charge these in a regular cheap lets say energizer charger?

If the charger can charge NimH batteries, it can charge the eneloops. If money were no object, I'd have over 100 AA eneloops and several maha chargers, but I only have 16 eneloops and two reyovac chargers (that do individual cell charging, which is great).

DickH

AlabamaRS said:
can you charge these in a regular cheap lets say energizer charger?

Yes, I charge mine in several different chargers with no problems.
In addition to Eneloops, Ray-O-Vac has their "Hybrid"s and Kodak also has some. The packages usually say "Pre-charged" or something like that. They are all 2000mAH or 2100mAH.
Walmart has both Kodak and Ray-O-Vac for under $9 for 4.

Grog

Banned
DickH said:
In addition to Eneloops, Ray-O-Vac has their "Hybrid"s and Kodak also has some. The packages usually say "Pre-charged" or something like that. They are all 2000mAH or 2100mAH.

I (and others) prefer the eneloops because they were first on the market, but I know people who have had good lock with the Ray-O-Vac has their "Hybrid"s from another forum.

If you do a search on RR for eneloop you will find several threads with them being mentioned, don't know of anyone who is disappointed with their performance. I know I'd rather have a 2000mah cell that will still have power several months away instead of a 2700 that is almost dead a month later :D

edit.... the MAHA IMEDION is also well liked by some, they are fairly new to the LSD (low self discharge) market but they are known for making top quality nimh/nicad batteries.

Last edited:

wizardmj

Has anyone used the DieHard Sears Recharchables and Charger. My wife bought them for me at Xmas they are either 2000 or 2100. Included 4 aa Batteries. Would like to get more. Have Used them mostly for the Camera But the Radios Also.They take a licken and keep on ticken. Any others Uses and Opinions would be Apreciated.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
DickH said:
Yes, I charge mine in several different chargers with no problems.

in addition to?... meaning what? they are very similar or are the same thing?, I just bought a set of duracell's 2650's at walmart & need an extra set or 2 of 4 now also. Are hybrids same a precharge? & enelooops complelty different?. how do these differ?

Last edited:

ScanTheFreqs

Banned
AlabamaRS said:
I just bought a set of duracell's 2650's at walmart

speaking of these, is there a story behind them im missing? walmart sells a 4 pack of them for just over $10 i think, while a local grocery store here has been selling 4 packs of them for $6.99 for a few months now, first time i saw that i bought them ALL (about 4-5 packages) thinking it was now or never, but they keep restocking the batteries with their insanely low price, did duracell market these a different way to stores? do they sell them super cheap? or is this one store just crazy? regardless, they've proven to be great batteries that havent disappointed me yet

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
ScanTheFreqs said:
speaking of these, is there a story behind them im missing? walmart sells a 4 pack of them for just over $10 i think, while a local grocery store here has been selling 4 packs of them for $6.99 for a few months now, first time i saw that i bought them ALL (about 4-5 packages) thinking it was now or never, but they keep restocking the batteries with their insanely low price, did duracell market these a different way to stores? do they sell them super cheap? or is this one store just crazy? regardless, they've proven to be great batteries that havent disappointed me yet

Hmmmm I will have look at the local grocery stores here also.. Thanks

DickH

AlabamaRS said:
in addition to?... meaning what? they are very similar or are the same thing?, I just bought a set of duracell's 2650's at walmart & need an extra set or 2 of 4 now also. Are hybrids same a precharge? & enelooops complelty different?. how do these differ?
They are all the same technology, just different marketing hype.
Put your Duracells into a digital camera, let it sit around for 2 or 3 weeks, then see how many photos you can take. Maybe none, because regular NiMH batteries lose 1% to 2% of their charge per day. The new type, Eneloop, Hybrid, etc., do not lose their charge for several months. The way to tell for sure is the description on the package will say something like "pre-charged", "ready to use", etc. Also, because of their design, the capacity is usually 2000 or 2100mAH.

scannersnstuff

i took the plunge and ordered 4 set's of 4 and 5 aa case's from thomas distributing.i have to say,the price's seem fair.they will be here next week.i have the mind set to believe the hype about the higher mah rated batteries the better off you are.but if 2,000 mah does it without having to be constantly maintained,that will be all right with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.