Sarnia police looking at new radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap

So, is this because Motorola doesn't want to service the existing system anymore? Or |Sarnia not willing to pay the asked amount?

The article doesn't clearly state whom exactly doesn't want to renew the service contract - Sarnia or Motorola?

Nap.

VE3JSO

So, is this because Motorola doesn't want to service the existing system anymore? Or |Sarnia not willing to pay the asked amount?

The article doesn't clearly state whom exactly doesn't want to renew the service contract - Sarnia or Motorola?

Nap.

not sure really what is going on their system is not really that old and from what i understand they are not changing base radio so i think they might just be looking for a replacement for the frontline officers but i will keep my ear open when it goes to the city council for final approval before they buy it.

Is the Police in Sarnia Encrypted or clear P25

sarnia ps is fully encrypted at this point and i don't see them being in the clear ever again

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The story didn't really give many details, but I'd imagine they just want to freshen up their hardware with more current equipment. Or they could always go TRBO like the rest of the city!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That radio is just a rumour at this point, so I wouldn't hold my breath there. Also heard thru the grapevine that Sarnia Fire is not happy at all with TRBO and may be looking for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.