Sarpy County - did something change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUrge

I've scanned Sarpy County trunked system on 854.5375 for years and as of Saturday afternoon that control frequency is dead. I tried the alternate control channel as well to no avail. Does anyone know if they made a frequency change, or did they do something else happen like did they go all digital?

I even took my scanner with me to see if it was a site issue in La Vista, but I get the same result no matter if I'm in Papillion, Bellevue, or Gretna.

It's odd.

xmo

There's nothing odd.

Motorola systems have four designated control channels. Some systems favor channel 1. Some rotate every 24 hours.

Some like Sarpy rotate if something happens to a channel like prolonged interference. Then it stays on the next channel until something happens there.

TheUrge

There's nothing odd.

Motorola systems have four designated control channels. Some systems favor channel 1. Some rotate every 24 hours.

Some like Sarpy rotate if something happens to a channel like prolonged interference. Then it stays on the next channel until something happens there.

Theoretically you may be right, however something did change. The two control channels that have been active for years and now they are dead. I do use control channel only scanning, so that might be part of my issue, but I don't know what they changed to. That's my question.

W0JJK

Load all the system channels in scanner and it would find the new control channel.

XMO is correct how Motorola system work.

Status
Not open for further replies.