SC Highway Patrol Low Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I know that most of if not all of the South Carolina Highway Patrol uses 800 Mhz.

I work for the North Carolina Highway Patrol and I have a Low Band 99 Channel MT-1000 with all of the North Carolina Highway Patrol frequencies programmed in it.

I have some extra channels left, and was wanting to see if anybody could provide me with some Low Band South Carolina Highway Patrol frequencies and PL codes. I would like to fill up the radio and since NC and SC patrols use frequencies in the 42 Mhz that would work great.

All I am looking for is frequencies and PL codes for the counties that border North Carolina.

Any information wouls greatly be appreciated.

I am only interested in listening to the South Carolina Highway Patrol like I do with North Carolina and NO transmitting.

Thanks

David

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
There isn't any use of lowband by SCHP anymore, at least not that I'm aware of. I haven't heard any in years. They discontinued installing low-band radios in patrol cars about 5 years ago, and most cars have been replaced by now.

I'm also not aware of any specific tones that were used by SCHP on low-band either. I never saw any listing.

There does exist some data for SC DOT on low-band, but that's probably not what you want.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

The data base has a listing for South Carolina Highway Patrol Low Band Frequencies.

David

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yardbird said:
Thanks!

The data base has a listing for South Carolina Highway Patrol Low Band Frequencies.

David

Yea but it's just simply not used that I know of at ALL for SCHP anyway. Most DEFINITELY LONG GONE here in Horry County and surrounding - all on Palmetto 800 and of course whatever shared TGID's they have with the counties.

Possible good idea might be to get a scanner and program it to constantly search that band for a few days - don't think you'll get anything - but it's not going to hurt to try.

canichols

here in oconee thay sometime use channel 4 42.08Mhz when there in mountains and out of 800mhz range.

The SCDOT use low band all the time

kg4ekc

Base Stations sold 3-4 years ago

The base stations for the dispatching stations were sold or for sale about 3 years ago or more at the SC Auction Center (not sure of the official title). I had a friend buying Master II's and he saw them there. I am told that all of the stations were on the dock and for sale. I do not believe that they use those frequency's at all. In fact, if they need to they are using cell phones for back up.

BTW I was told these were very nice radios, 7 or 8 channel base stations with high power. A little to much for repeater conversion to 6 meters.

canichols

This is a correction to my earlier post the use channel 6 42.34Mhz dispatched from Anderson still see lots of cars new and old with low band antennas but that's in my county don't know about others.

Thanks

rescuecomm

SC Highway Patrol never used PL on the VHF Low Band radio system (it was all carrier squelch). That is why there are none listed in the data base. The Greenville, Pickes, and Oconee Counties were the last to switch to the Palmetto 800 system. I still see older cars with the low band antennas occasionally around Easley. It is definitely being phased out, although the Oconee dispatch may still have low band capability.

Bob

LarrySC

What may be more interesting is MO, MS, and NE State Troopers on 42 MHz if we get band openings this summer. I have a BC-780 PGM'ed with these three states and it was busy last summer. I plan to add Calif Hwy Patrol 39MHz in the Riverside area before winter. It has been very busy in the past. Good Luck.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
LarrySC said:
What may be more interesting is MO, MS, and NE State Troopers on 42 MHz if we get band openings this summer. I have a BC-780 PGM'ed with these three states and it was busy last summer. I plan to add Calif Hwy Patrol 39MHz in the Riverside area before winter. It has been very busy in the past. Good Luck.

That's a GREAT idea , lowband skip IS MEGA when it hits....I've done that - just not in a long time - thanks for the post Larry !!

Status
Not open for further replies.