Joe
Lexington/Richland
Baofeng UV-5R, BTECH UV-5X3, Uniden BC75XLT, 3-SDRs
Monitor-Palmetto 800, Project 25 Phase-1

Will001

Premium Subscriber
-Will Lindsey
-Pine Ridge, near Gaston
-Motorola MCS2000 & HT1000, Kenwood Ts-440S HF rig, Leixen VV-898 VHF/UHF base setup, Uniden Bearcat BCT2, BC355N, BC75XLT, Tytera MD-380, and 2 Baofeng H/T's
-I monitor HF, DMR, Palmetto 800 talkgroups, and other systems too numerous to mention!

Drafin

Moved to the Charleston area this past August from western NC. Struggling with the simulcast issue but will eventually get it worked out.

A little about me, I'm a former L.E.O., records clerk and dispatcher. Have listened to scanners since the late 70s and still enjoy the hobby.

I have a pretty good working knowledge of public safety comms and it is the majority of what I monitor.

Thanks in advance for any and all info,

Draf

K4RMN

~ Brad (K4RMN)
~ Dillon, SC
~ Motorola XTS5000, EF Johnson 5300, Vertex VX-4204, Motorola MCC-7500 (when at the office)
~ Dillon County Fire/EMS, SC Civil Air Patrol, ham repeaters, SCHP Troop 5 (when at the office, may get a RTL-SDR to scan from home)

lite_c

-Dodo
-Upstate/Piedmont SC (began February 2016)
-BCD996P2 (Mobile only on POV with Laird multi-band antenna), XTS5000
-All public safety and aviation.
Spartanburg (conventional/P800), York (P25 II), Greenville (conventional/P800), Cherokee, Laurens (P800), Anderson (conventional), Pickens (conventional), Lexington (P800), Richland (P800) and SCHP.

kg4wbb

Roll Call

I know that some of the other state based forums have done this so I thought
why not the SC Radio Buffs as well? It is time for the SC Roll call! Please check in with:

~Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one)
~Location
~Radios in your shack
~What do you monitor on a daily basis?

To make this easy to read for everyone please copy the list above and fill in with your info.
I will sticky this for awhile and see what type of response we get.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Name is Steve and callsign KG4WBB. I live in Martinez,Ga / Columbia County at EM83, but " nothing could be finner than to be in Carolina ". . I have a RS 197 and I monitor Richmond County as well as SCHP, Aiken, and Aiken County. I believe I have ran into you on SCSSB. 73' See you on the radio.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Name is Steve and callsign KG4WBB. I live in Martinez,Ga / Columbia County at EM83, but " nothing could be finner than to be in Carolina ". . I have a RS 197 and I monitor Richmond County as well as SCHP, Aiken, and Aiken County. I believe I have ran into you on SCSSB. 73' See you on the radio.

Welcome Steve! Good to have you here!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

nn4f

~ Paul Jones - NN4F
~ Ridgeville, SC
~ Ftdx3000, FT100D, Ft2800m Uniden HP2, Bc780x6,, Pro92, 91, 55, SDRPlay x8, RTLx8
~ Ham bands, HF Broadcast/Pirates, LE/EMS

Just getting back into local scanning, got a bit mad when my 780's would track after the changes so I stopped with the scanning. I used to run the Charleston Scan website, but kind of let it all go, so last week, had some spare money in the radio budget, saw a HP2 on ebay for sale at a cheaper price, and went for it, turns out the "used" radio was brand new ;) so here we are back into LE scanning again, the HP is a different monster, but the RX range is pretty good here, picking up the lowcountry area and Colleton Co info to... Now for some fun again

Paul - NN4F

dresq1027

~Dan. KB3OAK
~Live in Spartanburg Co., work in Union Co.
~TK762HG
~Union Co. Fire dispatch

Moved from PA 2 years ago. Recently joined a fire department in Union county. I can program radios and pagers. Background in electronics and aircraft maintenance.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
- Chester, WA4BFE
- Living in Columbia, just outside Irmo
Will be using a TRX-1 hopefully soon
Lexington/Richland county EMS-Police-Fire

Born and raised here. 20 Years in the Air Force and another 20 in the telecom IT arena now retired doing some woodworking and PC gaming

k2jlb

~Johnnie Broadway K2JLB - not active at this time
~Elgin, SC
~UNIDEN BCD436HP
~Palmetto 800 P25 TRS

clsmith29

- Clay Smith
- Scranton, SC
- Whistler TRX-1
- Florence Co and surrouding areas

Just getting back in to scanning. I had the first Uniden Truck Tracker they released when I got out of it many years go. I have recently purchased a TRX-1 because I would like to get back into listening to local communications. It definitely seems to be completely different ballgame this day and time so I am going to have read and learn. My TRX-1 does not currently work like I think it should so I will be reading and asking some questions I'm sure.

jwb123

Scott
Greenwood / Hodges area
Uniden BCD396XT
Local FD/EMS, LEs in surrounding counties
Palmetto800

Just getting started. I have alot of learning to do!
I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks folks!
I have the BCD996P2 and I am totally lost too !! Seeking out help from the local Ham Radio club Tues.13th Hope someone there will know the new freq's.

jeeping31

Mark- jeeping31
Lexington, SC
New Handheld Bearcat
Richland County Sheriff, Lexington County Fire, Richland County EMS and Columbia Fire Department

jwb123

how to ??

David :
I have the 996P2 . Don't know the difference between your T and my P2 >>> and that is not all that I do not know about this unit !! I also do not know how to program it either !! Are you the expert that I have been seeking ??? I bought this more than a year ago and tried ( just a little bit ) to understand it but gave up .
Any help would be much appreciated !!!

Thanks alot
John Bailes
Greenwood

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
James (W1CRN)
Liberty, SC (Pickens County) as of January 5th 2018
In the shack will be
BCT15
BCT15X
BCD785D