• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SC180 Programmable with data cable & Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a buddies SC180 scanner that he wants me to program. I have some software on my computer (EZ-Scan) and I'm wondering if that will make a data connection to the SC180 and dump all the frequencies from it to the scanner?

That's how I update my RatShack Pro-89 for race day. My hope is the SC180 can do the same.

I haven't seen any definitive answers on a Google searches.

Thanks,
Tom

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The SC180 cannot be programmed via computer. That feature was introduced with the SC200 sort of - you could program it via computer if you spoke Uniden Clonese (or bought the software I wrote that translated for you). It also had some over-the-air cloning feature/thing that never quite caught on. I don't think anyone could figure out how to make it actually work. LOL!

Anyway, the only way you're gonna be programming that scanner is with your decimal-based analog input devices (aka your fingers). Sorry.

-AZ

Hehe, thanks for the reply! I was afraid of your answer. At least my personal scanner updates with a data cable. Looks like my friend will be doing it the old fashioned way.

AZScanner said:
The SC180 cannot be programmed via computer. That feature was introduced with the SC200 sort of - you could program it via computer if you spoke Uniden Clonese (or bought the software I wrote that translated for you). It also had some over-the-air cloning feature/thing that never quite caught on. I don't think anyone could figure out how to make it actually work. LOL!

Anyway, the only way you're gonna be programming that scanner is with your decimal-based analog input devices (aka your fingers). Sorry.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.