scan sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

programing MARCS IP system in trx1. I would like to know if I just want 1 system programed in, can I put like 2 sites from that system in a different scan set will it scan those sites or will it just scan the strongest site? I was going to put 2 sites into different scan sets for a total of 12 sites. Anybody know if this will work? Thank you.

Swipesy

You are confusing Scan Sets with Scan Lists. Scan Sets are a way to group various Scan Lists (1 or more) to quickly enable/disable Scan Lists. Very helpful when you have numerous Scan Lists (I have 50) and you don't want to scroll through your Scan Lists enabling/disabling them.

You can have more than 1 site programmed in for each System. Scan List can have multiple Systems associated with them. For instance you can have MARCS-IP and Summit County Talkgroups associated with Scan List 1 (I wouldn't do that). Another way to look at Scan Lists is that it is a way of distributing Talkgroups from a System or multiple systems.

Hope this is not too confusing. As an example, I have MARCS-IP Ohio State Police in Scan List 40 and MARCS-IP ODOT in Scan List 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.