• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Scan125 New Release

Good evening!
Your site is not available in Russia for a long time. The program can not be updated.
Give the address for an alternate download.

questnz

Premium Subscriber
Install Revo Uninstaller (free version) and fully remove Hola, my experience with Hola on the iPhone was not that good, From free ones I would use Tunnel Bear or Proton VPN known for extra security. Experts didnt rate that good due to some security concerns, now they may fix the problems, but dont take the chances where you are, you have other options.
Personally for number of years I been using NordVPN due to extra layers of privacy. But it is a Paid service. Free ones may not give you a faster speeds, yes there is always a catch with freebees.

ps Hopefully Tunnel Bear or Proton VPN can beat Vlads Russian Bear restrictions and help you bee free on Internet.

Another very good is SoftEther VPN, you need to download a "client" the install
SoftEther Download Center
select Client from component options.
After installation you will have many server options in many countries to connect, FREE for life

Good Luck

Last edited:
Good evening!
Your site is not available in Russia for a long time. The program can not be updated.
Give the address for an alternate download.
Thanks for the information re: my site not being available in Russia. Very interesting as I'm UK based, not political, etc. Maybe the Russian authorities to not like scanners and any software that makes them easy to use gets black listed?

I have a number of Russian users who have not reported any issues with access to my website.

Can you access https:/www.marmotta-photoart.co.uk

Nick

questnz

Premium Subscriber
Nick, I can freely access your sites from my end. It maybe his ISP blocking some stuff not the long arm of Vlads Russian Bear establishment. Hopefully with VPN setup he will be able to download your software
another way is to just assign different DNS server's in network settings eg Preferred Server 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 in Secondary/Alternative server
it will bypass his ISP servers

I've just released V2.5.0.0 of the Scan125 Control Program.

This release contains NEW function.

A BIG change is that I have removed the free registration requirement. This means I will lose track of number of users and countries where Scan125 is used, but I have added the ability for people to send me comments, good or bad.

See http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125 for details.

This is for Uniden UBC125XLT, BC125AT, UBC126AT and Albretcht AE125H Scanners.

I've just released V2.6.0.0 of the Scan125 Control Program.

This release contains a NEW function to do direct frequency tuning like a more traditional communications receiver.

Also contains some minor bug fixes.

See http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125 for details.

This is for Uniden UBC125XLT, BC125AT, UBC126AT and Albrecht AE125H Scanners.