Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger_Ron01

Premium Subscriber
I just got the ScanControl Demo download and I'm very pleased,
but I found out that that company is possibly no longer around even though their website is still up.
I want the full version but I'm not sure about their site, any suggestions are welcome.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ron which scanner(s) are you using with Scan Control? Yes, I think the company is no longer actively supporting that software, although it still sells it.

Apart from the BC245, 895 or the PRO-2052 (these are very old scanners) there are generally better choices out there...Mike

apd3190

I purchased scan control about five years ago and had some computer issues. I contacted them on the website about two months ago and they sent me the program free for my new computer.

Ranger_Ron01

Premium Subscriber
Ron which scanner(s) are you using with Scan Control? Yes, I think the company is no longer actively supporting that software, although it still sells it.

Apart from the BC245, 895 or the PRO-2052 (these are very old scanners) there are generally better choices out there...Mike
I'm using it on my Uniden BCT-8 and it's the only program that I've tried that seems to work without any issues, That's why I'm really interested in finding the full version.

Sorry about the late reply,
Not enuff time in the day sometimes.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah I understand about having so many hours in a day - my DC job really drains my free time

The only other software that supports the old BCT8 would be BuTel's ARC8. Note though that I'm not sure that ARC8 was ever updated to support rebanding - I know Scan Control was...Mike

Ranger_Ron01

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I understand about having so many hours in a day - my DC job really drains my free time

The only other software that supports the old BCT8 would be BuTel's ARC8. Note though that I'm not sure that ARC8 was ever updated to support rebanding - I know Scan Control was...Mike
I thought ARC8 was a nightmare, but maybe it's just me.

The demo version of ScanControl has had no issues with my PC or Scanner so that's the route I would like to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.