Scanner Antenna, Omni-Directional Outside, Inside,

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

Has anyone bought one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Scanner-Antenna...yZ149988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

921wp8.jpg

I tried asking for certain details about this antenna, and the seller became very aggravated with me. ( this is the second seller from eBay that got offensive when asked about certain details on an antenna)

Just wondering if anyone has tried this antenna?

If this antenna/seller has already been discussed, i am sorry, but i did not see anything on it.

brandon

Database Admin
If the seller became aggravated with you for asking questions I would steer clear of it!

fineshot1

Thats not a single antenna. Those are 2 three element directional yagi's bolted to a mast perhaps phased together via a harness which looking at the pic I cannot tell for sure there is a harness tying them both together.

freqs

fineshot1 said:
Thats not a single antenna. Those are 2 three element directional yagi's bolted to a mast perhaps phased together via a harness which looking at the pic I cannot tell for sure there is a harness tying them both together.
also i think i looked at that one you only get one of those not both but it shows two on the ebay pix i mite be wrong

hoser147

fineshot1 said:
Thats not a single antenna. Those are 2 three element directional yagi's bolted to a mast perhaps phased together via a harness which looking at the pic I cannot tell for sure there is a harness tying them both together.[/QUOTE

Same thing he pulled with me, Its 2 yagi's that he is representing as one antenna. It was a no sale, I ask.

Last edited:

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
It don't say Yagi it says Scanner Antenna, Omni-Directional
Imagin that!

jon_k

Yagi's are not OMNI directional. They are the exact OPPOSITE. He's is either outright being dishonest or doesn't know what he's selling.

The seller says this only comes with 1 of these, unlike 2 pictured. (If there were two and they were coupled, it would be BI-DIRECTIONAL.)

I also find the reception advertised suspect. 30mhz-960mhz continuous coverage? The design of Yagi's are designed to cover a single center frequency. This is defined by the length and space of those elements on the beam. It works very well on its designed center-frequency and anything deviating above/below will just get worse and worse reception.If you change the spacing of the elements, you change the center frequency.

There are multiband yagi's, but the most I have ever seen is for 2 bands. The yagi in that auction looks exactly like a Yagi for a single band only.

He should have gone all the way and advertised coverage from 1mhz-10ghz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.