Scanner for Colorado Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Hello fellow Coloradoans,

I am leaving beautiful New Mexico and returning to Colorado after 20+ years. I will be relocating to the Colorado Springs area. While looking here on RR, I see 700Mhz freqs for the CSPD/CSFD. What scanner(s) from both Uniden and RS will properly receive these transmissions plus the State DTRS system? Thanks for the info. See you all soon.

Tim M. (icemantim8)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
icemantim8 said:
Hello fellow Coloradoans,

I am leaving beautiful New Mexico and returning to Colorado after 20+ years. I will be relocating to the Colorado Springs area. While looking here on RR, I see 700Mhz freqs for the CSPD/CSFD. What scanner(s) from both Uniden and RS will properly receive these transmissions plus the State DTRS system? Thanks for the info. See you all soon.

Tim M. (icemantim8)

NO 700Mhz for CSPD and CSFD currently they are just on a 3600 baud motorola trunked system, Pueblo has announced a move to DTRS but not for over a year.

Pro-96/2096 or Uniden 396T/996T should cover your El Paso County, Colorado Springs and DTRS needs well.

Jim<

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the Info!

Jim,

Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it. Happy scanning!

Tim M.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
What Jim said. The RR info about 700mhz freqs is erroneous at this time.
You can listen to my scanner feed (link below) and listen to Colorado Springs FD, El Paso County fire dispatch, and Pueblo FD.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Live Scanner Feed

Bob,

Thanks for confirming Jim's message. I tried to listen to the live scanner feed, however when I click on the button it gives me an error and says page not found. I noticed MP3 on the side and don't have MP3 capabilities at this time. Is there another way to hear the feed?

Thanks,

Tim

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
You should be able to listen to it with Windows media player, Winamp, Musicmatch or something similar. I don't know why you would get "Page Not Found" unless the entire Shoutcast service was down, and that hasn't happened lately.
If you tried to access it early this afternoon, it was down for a bit while I was doing some maintenance. It is up and running now, and currently there are two people listening to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.