Scanner Help- Colchester County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
I just have a quick question. I messaged a Nova Scotia feed provider but did not get a reply so i will try posting my question on here and see if someone can help answer it. I reside in Colchester County and I have a Grecom Psr-600C. It has the latest firmware installed and i just reprogramed it using Psredit500 and Radio Reference. com. I imported ALL 187 transmitter site (All site frequencies) and talkgroups for the new 700mhz tmr2 system in Nova Scotia (did not upload New Brunswick or PEI frequencies or talkgroups) . I can get Colchester tmr2 radio traffic (Truro Police, some EHS North 1, EHS Central, and TAC channels, TIR Cumberland, Colchester, East Hants, and Pictou Counties, North Dispatch "A" and Ops channels, and mutual aid channels) but i get no DNR, Halifax Fire, EMO, or Dept of Justice at all. I have my scanner set on Multi Site Mode (Roam) i had it on 'Stationary' the last three days and had it on 'roam' tonight to see if it improved, but so far ive heard 2 EHS North 1 calls come over the online scanner feed i haven't got anything on my PSR600C so i think i will change it back from 'roam' to 'stationary'. Im just at a loss to what is causing this. I should be able to pick up Halifax fire on TMR 2 should i not from Central Colchester County? My old scanner a radio shack analog pro-164 scanner could pick up everything across the province on TMR1 (with the exception of digital or encrypted p25 talkgroups). So far TMR 2 has been pretty bad with alot of digital interference and users having to repeat their transmissions. Anyway i hope someone can shed some light on my situation. Thanks
-Scanner01

ve1sef

It would depend where in Colchester County you are located. As with the old 800Mhz trunk system; the scanner will only recieve the TMR sites that are in range of the scanner. Likewise, there has to be a TMR-2 radio in range of those site.
i.e. If there is a DNR-Pictou radio in range of "Nuttby" tower/site you will conversations on the Pictou talk-group unit the radio switchs to the next site. Thus, if your in where you are only in range of 1 site you may miss some transmissions.

Having said that, there's a couple things to check, did you match the talkgroups with the system name?
Make sure your entered your system(s) as a trunk system and not conventional. Also if assigned to a scanlist, make sure the scanlist number is activated.

scanner01

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for ur reply VE1 sierra echo foxtrot. I am located in Valley. As for matching the TG ID'S with the system name, i believe psredit500 does that automatically when i upload the frequencies and talkgroups from radioreference.com. But attached is a picture of the editor settings. I hope i have them all set correctly. The systems i entered are in the trunking objects folder... the conventional objects folder only contains local VHF frequencies. As for the scanlists all the numbers of the scanlist (1-14) correspond with the numbers i entered for the talkgroups. ie. talkgroup- Fire Dept North Dispatch 'A' is in scanlist 1 and scanlist 1 is tagged Colchester county fire. Whereas talkgroups for DNR are in scanlist 10 and scanlist 10 is tagged Natural Resources. I have all the scanlists activated which i want to hear.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.