Scanner Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

From another thread: "I dropped my scanner today and ... "
Sound familiar? It does to me, so I decided once was enough.
I went to a local fabric store, bought $2 worth of Nylon cord and solved the problem.
Now I can clip it to my belt or put it in my back pocket and feel secure in the knowledge
that if it does fall off, it can't go far.

94138025.jpg

94138101.jpg

N8IAA

Now I can clip it to my belt or put it in my back pocket and feel secure in the knowledge
that if it does fall off, it can't go far.[/QUOTE]

I presume that it goes around your neck8>)))

hoser147

Great Idea

Good Idea, a little shock at the end of the leash is better than alot bouncing of the ground. Now that ya put food for thought out there, some kind clip on that type deal would be great. Hoser

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I like the idea. I (unfortunately) know of a flaw in the idea. :(

From the school of 'been there done that'. Unless one routinely checks the tightness of the screws on the clip, they back out, the clip will stay on the belt (and maybe even the screws), but the scanner will take a tumble.

There is a solution by going to the local hardware store (not Lowe's or Home Despot) with one of the screws, you can often find a longer screw with the correct threads. Buy a couple along with a couple of lock washers and this situation is significantly reduced.

DickH

LEH said:
I like the idea. I (unfortunately) know of a flaw in the idea. :(
From the school of 'been there done that'. Unless one routinely checks the tightness of the screws on the clip, they back out, the clip will stay on the belt (and maybe even the screws), but the scanner will take a tumble.

You need to tighten the screws. I've had the cord on my PRO-528 for more than a year and no problem. In fact, I just checked and the screws are as tight as the day I put them in. I "wear" it at least once a day and many more times, depending on how many fires there are.

n2mdk

Want to keep screws from loosening up, put a few drops of clear or colored nail polish over them. This is an old trick used by photographers and other who flew/traveled a lot and had screws come loose.
Wish I could do that to myself, those who know me, know I have more than a few screws loose .

Highpockets

n2mdk said:
Want to keep screws from loosening up, put a few drops of clear or colored nail polish over them. This is an old trick used by photographers and other who flew/traveled a lot and had screws come loose.
Wish I could do that to myself, those who know me, know I have more than a few screws loose .

You have screws loose, and I have allot of brain cells that are gone. :(

Lol i wonder if this is the same guy who invented pocket protectors... lol jk.

I do agree, they neeed to make scanners more durable.... although i have droped mine a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.