Scanner Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Hello my fellow scanner geeks, wanted to give you all a heads up on Scanner Live! In my opinion, it's an awesome computer application that allows you to scan multiple on line feeds at the same time, allowing you to set which feeds have priority, which feeds you want on the left or the right or both speakers. It also shows the alpha tags for feeds that provide them. Even allows you to program multiple banks (10) similar to a real scanner with 10 feeds per bank. Program lets you name each individual tag, allows you to scan all the feeds in each bank or you can mute/lock out individual feeds or you can hold on one particular feed so that no interruptions will occur from the other feeds.

This is an exciting application all for just a measley $20!

Check it out, you won't be disappointed!!

I can also give anyone who's interested a live look at my screen with ScannerLive in operation and be able to hear the action as well by contacting me by email using the link below this post.

Happy Scanning!!!

rckydenver

Hey Bill, i was checking out the Scanner Live link and the question i have is the 32 bit and 64 bit versions Windows if using XP Windows computer is that a 32 bit version? Also you can Demo it.

BTW welcome back to the forum, miss you at the meet.

Thanks

Scan-Denver

Hey Bill, i was checking out the Scanner Live link and the question i have is the 32 bit and 64 bit versions Windows if using XP Windows computer is that a 32 bit version? Also you can Demo it.

BTW welcome back to the forum, miss you at the meet.

Thanks
If you didn't buy a 64 bit version of windows xp, then you more than likely have the 32 bit version - so give that one a try.

Yeah I can demo it for you on my machine. The way it works is I will send you a link to click on where you can see and hear everything on my screen.

If you're interested, send me an email by using the link below this post and I'll send you the link.

Good Luck!!

utlchris

I played around with it here at work and I'm sure it's the blazing fast speed of this awesome machine but the audio is real choppy and or sounds like everyone is talking with a stutter. All the feeds were doing or sounding the same. Cant wait til I get home to try it out.

Edit Note: However, playing the direct feed(s) sounds fine.

Last edited:

Scan-Denver

I played around with it here at work and I'm sure it's the blazing fast speed of this awesome machine but the audio is real choppy and or sounds like everyone is talking with a stutter. All the feeds were doing or sounding the same. Cant wait til I get home to try it out.

Edit Note: However, playing the direct feed(s) sounds fine.
Were you able to get it working well at home Chris? It works great on my home machine.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The features I like the best are truly being able to control multiple feeds in a single program because I normally run 4 feeds on two seperate computers 24/7 but in the past this required running WMP, iTunes, Web Player and Win Amp on each computer now that's not needed any longer.

And the ability to mute audio on other feeds when a selected feed is active is helpful to me along with the ability to set volume differently on each feed.

Thanks to RR for developing this wonderful addition to the on-line monitoring community!

Jim<

04Z1V6

I alpha and beta tested this one, don't forget you can add feeds manually if you have feeds that are not part of RR. This program will also show tags that are on feeds and you have user set preferences like priority, hold and many others. I have the state set up into eight zones and if an alert comes up I can easily change feeds in a flash. IMHO it is one of the best programs to listen to feeds with!

utlchris

Was able to run the program fine from home. So far so good like the program. Would like to see maybe a few features in the future. One being able to hear all the audio at once and maybe a button to switch it back to single. As it it currently possible to listen to all the audio feeds at once using the Java Web Player option. I really like the new Java Web Player that's on RR and if they could put like 6 or 8 of those in the program to play all the feeds or mute or scan like a regular scanner would be really cool. I like the tag feature as well but would like to see it in the individual radio's. Keep up the good work and keep adding the improvements like 6-8 mini Java Web Players in the program.

SCPD

QRT
feeds

How many feeds can you listen to at 1 time? During fire season in the field I use 2 radios and sometimes 3 and its hard to keep up. During monsoon season when I was in AZ listening to 3 scanners at 1 time was hard to keep up let alone 10 feeds at 1 time. Is it worth the money? Keep up with the feeds backs so I can decide on what to do!

Scan-Denver

How many feeds can you listen to at 1 time? During fire season in the field I use 2 radios and sometimes 3 and its hard to keep up. During monsoon season when I was in AZ listening to 3 scanners at 1 time was hard to keep up let alone 10 feeds at 1 time. Is it worth the money? Keep up with the feeds backs so I can decide on what to do!
I appears that the audio can only be heard from one feed at at time. However you are able to visually see if there is traffic activity on any other feeds you have programmed into the current bank and it is very easy to switch between feeds by a click of the mouse.

If you're interested, click on the email link below this post, send me an email requesting a live working demo of the program. There's more information on the first post of this thread.

04Z1V6

Guys, FYI you can run multiple instances of SL and that means you can listen too multiple feeds. If you would like to make suggestions where you see "ScannerLive online support" under all programs on your computer you can goto the Forums. Rob Dale is the maker of the software and when he was using a I-pod he used an app like this program and developed it for the PC Rob is giving a full registration of SL for anyone that can develop a banner add and a Icon for SL. This program is still under development so come give him a little help.

04Z1V6

I appears that the audio can only be heard from one feed at at time. However you are able to visually see if there is traffic activity on any other feeds you have programmed into the current bank and it is very easy to switch between feeds by a click of the mouse.

If you're interested, click on the email link below this post, send me an email requesting a live working demo of the program. There's more information on the first post of this thread.

Scan-Denver we use your and my feeds for testing of tags and suggest others do the same if they think they are having problems or need to test net-settings.

Scan-Denver

Scan-Denver we use your and my feeds for testing of tags and suggest others do the same if they think they are having problems or need to test net-settings.
Hey thanks! FYI - I believe the thornton feed uses the same format for the text tags as the Denver feed.

Scan-Denver

Guys, FYI you can run multiple instances of SL and that means you can listen too multiple feeds.
Whever I try to open more than one instance of the program, it doesn't work right. The audio is heard sporadically and none of the active feeds highlight in yellow when there is traffic.

Is there a trick to making multiple instances work correctly?

04Z1V6

Whever I try to open more than one instance of the program, it doesn't work right. The audio is heard sporadically and none of the active feeds highlight in yellow when there is traffic.

Is there a trick to making multiple instances work correctly?

I don't seem to have this problem. I do however have some feeds set up as right speaker only and some set as left speaker only, even without this I am not having this problem, sorry I would post on the SL forum. What format are you using for your tags? I use scannercast in a stereo feed.

MikeyB

This is awesome! Hopefully now that you can listen to multiple feeds people will split out feeds that have police/fire on the same feed so you can still listen to both but also have the option to listen to only 1.

One question - I'm playing with the demo and I don't see the option to select which feed in a particular bank I am adding. For example if I have all 10 full and want to remove a particular 1 and put in another, I don't see how.

speard

Premium Subscriber

To the trained ear, listening to different conversations on multiple talkgroups is quite easy.

Scan-Denver

One question - I'm playing with the demo and I don't see the option to select which feed in a particular bank I am adding. For example if I have all 10 full and want to remove a particular 1 and put in another, I don't see how.
You cannot be in scan mode to remove a feed. If in scan mode, click on hold and then right click on the feed you want to remove and the "Delete" option will appear.

Also, the demo version doesn't give you all the options as the registered version.

utlchris

You would be suprised on how many one can listen to at a time. At work I have 3 speakers and about 15 I listen to for a 10 hour period. You can filter out though the ear what you want to hear and what you don't. Besides I'm not really wanting to hear all of it but sometimes I just want to listen for some action. Once I hear something I want to monitor I can lock out the other ones.

I put my suggestion up on the creators website and he said he was looking into an option that will allow you to say have your primary feed at 100% audio and let you set a percentage level to the others. I think that would be pretty cool as well. I just thought it would be easier to have an "all aduio" button and be able to toggle it on and off.

I'm pretty sure I run the same tags as ScanDenver. I'm using the ScannerCast software.

Status
Not open for further replies.