Scanner Manufactures Future, Due To Encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
My area went full encrypted few years back. Needless to say, I will NO LONGER be buying anymore scanners. What is the point of buying one, if I can't listen to the stuff I want to listen too??? Many people I know have said the same thing.

So this leads to my question: What is the scanner manufactures plans on the future?

The stuff we want to listen to, we can longer. So what are the manufactures going to do?
Go bankrupt, because the lack of sales?

I would hate to see these businesses going out of business, because of something stupid.
But why buy a scanner, if you can not listen in to the stuff you want too

Yes, people will say focus on aircraft, add-ons, etc....
I know I am not alone, but I bought my scanners to listen to PUBLIC SAFETY. Not aircraft, taxis, etc...

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I have been saying this for years thank all of the streamers in most communications committee meetings that is the first thing they cited as the problem with staying in the clear. Especially here in North IL. They see it as you used to have to 1 be able to afford a scanner, 2 need to know how to find the freqs, 3 know how to program it, and 4 know how to use it. Now you just download a app and listen. I have it on good authority chicago will be going full time ENC when they switch to there 800 p25 system pretty much the same way cook county did it. That will be a huge blow to the scanner community here in North East IL considering most of north and south cook county suburbs are ENC now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.