Scanner Master to Demo the new Uniden SDS100 at the Dayton Hamvention, May 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Press Release From Scanner Master:

Scanner Master Corp. is proud once again to be displaying its wares at the 66th annual Dayton Hamvention, May 18-20th.

Meet the Scanner Master experts: Rich Barnett, Jonathan Higgins and Rich Carlson as well as Gommert Buijsen of BuTel Software. We will be showcasing the latest products from Uniden, Whistler, Unication and BuTel.

See the new Uniden Bearcat SDS100 handheld scanner at the Scanner Master booth. We will have a demo on loan from Uniden for the weekend. (Note that this item has not yet received FCC approvals and may not be offered for sale.)

We hope to see you in person at Hamvention. If you can't make it we will be doing live social media updates throughout the weekend of Friday, May 18 - Sunday, May 20, 2018. Greene County Fairgrounds 120 Fairground Rd, Xenia, OH 45385.
Booth 3303 | Building 3

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note also that the SDS100 you may see there is an engineering sample, not production. There will be differences in fit, finish, and performance from the production units.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Note also that the SDS100 you may see there is an engineering sample, not production. There will be differences in fit, finish, and performance from the production units.

Thanks for loaning it Paul

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

SCPD

QRT
yes

I'm curious to see if it fixes the P-25 simulcast reception problem.

Theres a video floating around youtube and it shows it fixes the simulcast reception issue!
This is a really good thing for Uniden.Whistler has not shown any rebound yet.
If they cant produce a better unit,I think Uniden has a clear winner here.
I want one now myself because our state has this stupid 700mhz system thats impossible to hear.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Actually, there are multiple simulcast video comparisons.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
To buy or not to buy........

With so many towns here in southwest Fairfield County Connecticut going encrypted, I’m going to have a hard time justifying the cost of the SDS100. I’m thinking around $500.00?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's not going to factor in to the actual street price.

Voyager

Actually, I would say he should be pretty close. The 436 is not far under that price.

CQ

With so many towns here in southwest Fairfield County Connecticut going encrypted, I’m going to have a hard time justifying the cost of the SDS100. I’m thinking around $500.00?

Thought MSRP was $700. It will be a while before anyone would drop pricing. Some may even gouge on amazon or elsewhere.

Voyager

The x36 came out at a substantial price reduction over MSRP. I think the 436 was $500 street on release. (and the 536 was $600)

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Encryption not Everywhere

motorman - NOT every town, city, county or State encrypts. they may NOT even go digital. I live in one of the Largest Metro areas the SF Bay Area, and we have EBRCS - a multi county Agency that uses Primary a Digital Trunking system , and the TAC channels are Encrypted but for the most part the Digital Voice channels are NOT Encrypted. the Individual Agency still maintain a Backup communications that is Analog and or Conventional Trunking or P25. some of them even use 43 Mhs HF like our CHP. We have another Multi Agency to the south of me that uses Digital Trunking and they mostly don't Encrypt. then we have smaller town and Cities and they still operate Analog VHF/UHF, Analog Trunking, P25. however where the BIG change is going to happen is with General Radios used for Industry and JOBS, they are migrating to P25, and various modes of Digital like DMR and NXDN, ALL of those radios are Capable of Encryption. even DMR radios used by HAMs have Encryption but its illegal for a HAM to use Encryption. the take away here NOT Everyone encrypts. and you simply have to Update your database Weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.