Scanner Master to Demo the new Uniden SDS100 at the Dayton Hamvention, May 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually Amazon will probably be Higher as sellers will offer the Greymarket Uniden for sale with no Cellular restrictions. but also NO Warranty . as Uniden cannot Legally repair Radios with Cellular Enabled.

I have never seen a Uniden US model for sale with no Cellular restrictions.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
So excited about this new:
SDS100

Knew there was a reason to sell my Unication G4 - to get ready for this. That radio missed a lot of what I feel is geared for a SCANNER HEAD...I couldn't hold on a channel during a scan, etc.

Then I will have to get Jonwienke to make me a GPS cube(powered) for it.

So excited...keeping checking daily for new updates...LOL.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You have to remember that Unication pagers aren't, and were never meant to be... scanners. They were just filling a niche market as the best option until something better came along, which would appear to be the SDS100. I'm watching closely as well and hoping we will get a hard release date/pre-order soon.

i would NEVER sell my G5 its the BEST ever to hit the market for P-25 trunking better HOPE this NEW SDS100 does what it says in scanning.

markjrenna

I highly recommend the Unication G4/G5 in NJ for NJICS. Noting at the just over 500 I paid for my G4 can touch it's performance. Uniden was fantastic at Analog. Digital... Well IMHO, not so much. I'm hopeful but skeptical on Uniden. I'll have to see or hear how this new SDS100 performs.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are numerous videos comparing the SDS100 to the 436 and other radios.

radio3353

There are numerous videos comparing the SDS100 to the 436 and other radios.

But not the G4/G5, right? Please correct me if I am wrong as I have not found one. I know the G4/G5 are not scanners. I am only thinking about simulcast performance. The G4/G5 are the standard to measure against. Thanks.

radio3353

i would NEVER sell my G5 its the BEST ever to hit the market for P-25 trunking better HOPE this NEW SDS100 does what it says in scanning.

Agreed. My G4 lets me listen to the Buck Co. PA Phase 2 simulcast system again with perfect copy. Anything else will have to meet that standard. I would be happy if the SDS100 does.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I don't believe there has been a video comparing the SDS100 side-by-side with a G4 or G5.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Post the link please, if you have it. I searched YT for "SDS100 G4", "SDS100 G5", & "SDS100 Unication" with no hits. Thanks.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Actually Amazon will probably be Higher as sellers will offer the Greymarket Uniden for sale with no Cellular restrictions. but also NO Warranty . as Uniden cannot Legally repair Radios with Cellular Enabled.

Why would you want/need an unblocked scanner, what would you hope to hear in that spectrum? Is it currently being used for anything?

Uniden could legally repair them if they existed, and were sold to government agencies, and possibly some authorized service techs, same as with Icom's, etc.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
want unblocked .

Why would you want/need an unblocked scanner, what would you hope to hear in that spectrum? Is it currently being used for anything?

Uniden could legally repair them if they existed, and were sold to government agencies, and possibly some authorized service techs, same as with Icom's, etc.

I want a modern unblocked scanner, if the FCC decides to reverse the order to Block AMPS from all receivers. I also want it for monitoring HF, MW (am-fm), SSB, CW , as well as 33cm, and 23 cm and so much more are missing from Uniden and Whistler scanners. My AOR 1000XLT can get Military AIR and Analog Cellular, there is someone (likely Fed Agency), as there is a Signal but no discernable voice. the FED has Analog Celluar handsets wit a Digital Scarmbler built in, I have seen the Programers by Motorolla. they use an Alphanumeric key and can store multiple Crypto Keys. I have confirmed this with a Opto Digital frequency counter and a SDR , but again Signal is obvious but Voice / Packets are not to Demodulate.

bcathcart

Pics of SDS100

I've added some pics I took today at Dayton of the new scanner, together next to my 325P2 and a Unication G5 for scale. The scanner is light and feels good in the hand. Audio is about the same as the 325P2. The display is fantastic and you can customize everything on it. It works the same as the 436/536 but is SDR based. Battery will be a drop-in lithium. They anticipate FCC approval very soon with shipments starting at the end of June. Includes P25, and optional purchase is DMR and ProVoice. NXDN will also be supported but not sure if right away. SDR also opens the possibility of more formats in the future, maybe OpenSky!

Attachments

• 1bb.jpg
    1bb.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 956
  • 2bb.jpg
    2bb.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,119
  • 3bb.jpg
    3bb.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 4bb.jpg
    4bb.jpg