Scanner Master to Demo the new Uniden SDS100 at the Dayton Hamvention, May 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Not an RC77CA........

Not sure exactly what kind it is as it came with this unit when I bought it. I do know its killer on UHF and 800! Almost as good as my GRE/RS 800 Duckie! Even with half of it wrapped in electrical tape its still kickin butt. Oh nm your talking about your ant!

Last edited by a moderator:

N9JIG

Sheriff
SDS100 Dayton After Action Report

I just flew home last night from Boston after attending the Dayton HamVention with Scanner Master and the SDS100. There was incredible interest in the new radio; we had at least 300 people at the booth asking about it and probably as many people looking over their shoulders to catch a glimpse. We had 2 Beta radios on hand.

Jonathan had been promoting the visit heavily on Scanner Master’s social media and on the way there we did several Facebook Live sessions. We then did sessions at the fest and after. Most questions of course were: When, How Much, Battery and Mobile.

As we set up the booth on Thursday we had dozens of Vendor Pass holders come over to scout it out. Some were other retailers wanting to see it and others were just looking for themselves.

After a wonderful dinner with the crew in Oakwood Thursday we did another session on Facebook Live and had bunches of questions. Friday was crowded at the booth; people were lining up to check it out. If we had radios on hand we could have sold hundreds at almost any price.

Saturday was much the same; lots of people and questions. Sunday however was pretty much a bust. Most people had left but oddly it was the only day without rain. I didn’t get a chance to check out the flea market until then but most had left so it was pretty slim pickings.

The basic questions were asked and answered reflecting the publicly available information that can also be seen on the Uniden forums.

We also got to see a lot of notable RR people including some company reps, RR personnel and others. We each came home with some new toys as well.

mrhermit

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden SDS100 Police Scanner

I received an email this morning, 05/30/2018, from Bearcatwarehouse saying they have a limited supply of the new Uniden SDS100 available for sale. The discounted price is $649.99. So someone needs buy it and check it out and give all of us here on Radio Reference a product review.

N4KVE

Saturday was much the same; lots of people and questions. Sunday however was pretty much a bust. Most people had left but oddly it was the only day without rain.
Are you kidding? To my friends, & me, that’s why Sunday was the best day. Not a cloud in the sky, & most people went home. Friday, & Saturday, I spent what time I could outside in the flea market, looking for things I needed to buy. Inside there was nothing I needed. But whenever it started to rain, everyone would run inside, & it was more crowded than a cattle auction because of this. You couldn’t move anywhere without bumping into people, especially those with backpacks. And some of these people hadn’t showered in a week. But Sunday, the commercial areas were empty of smelly hams. It was a pleasure to check out the new Icom, Kenwood, & Yaesu radios without bumping into people. All the commercial reps were there, still eager to show their wares. I did stop at Scanner Master, but sadly our County just last week changed over to a P25 Phase 2 encrypted system, so nothing will work. But again, for me, Sunday was the best day. After that, a trip to the Air Force Museum was the icing on the cake.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I was able to get things done on Friday and Saturday in spite of the crowds. I missed out on Sunday because I wanted to see a neat radio museum in Huntington, WV. It did not disappoint.

Thanks to Scanner Master for the demo.

73 Eric

N9JIG

Sheriff
Are you kidding? To my friends, & me, that’s why Sunday was the best day. Not a cloud in the sky, & most people went home. Friday, & Saturday, I spent what time I could outside in the flea market, looking for things I needed to buy. Inside there was nothing I needed. But whenever it started to rain, everyone would run inside, & it was more crowded than a cattle auction because of this. You couldn’t move anywhere without bumping into people, especially those with backpacks. And some of these people hadn’t showered in a week. But Sunday, the commercial areas were empty of smelly hams. It was a pleasure to check out the new Icom, Kenwood, & Yaesu radios without bumping into people. All the commercial reps were there, still eager to show their wares. I did stop at Scanner Master, but sadly our County just last week changed over to a P25 Phase 2 encrypted system, so nothing will work. But again, for me, Sunday was the best day. After that, a trip to the Air Force Museum was the icing on the cake.

My problem was that I couldn't get out of the booth for long on Friday and Saturday so I missed most of the flea market. I wish I was able to see more of it.

This was also the first year I have been in Dayton that I didn't go to the AF museum. I have probably been there a dozen times and it never disappoints!

Status
Not open for further replies.