Scanner Meeting, Feb 28th 2010

Let us know if your coming or not!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It's time for our first scanner meet for 2010!

Address: 15352 E Ida Dr Unit H, Aurora, CO, 80015
Date: February 28th (Sunday)
Time: 12pm-4pm

Just a friendly reminder, pizza and drinks are served during the event. Luke only asks $5.00 per person for all you care to eat and drink. If pizza isn’t your thing, or your craving bread sticks with pasta, his restaurant does have a full menu to order from, just ask.

For those of you who have not attended our meets in the past, this is a wonderful event where members of Radioreference.com and other radio enthusiast can get together and meet each other, and talk about scanners and whatever else comes up. Scanists with new radios are welcome to ask as many questions as they can. We all learn from each other and this face time with each other is invaluable.

For those who have attended prior meetings, give us some feedback here! If you have an idea, share it with us! We want to make these meetings fun and informative at the same time.

Here is some advice /feedback from prior meetings. Start writing down your questions and bring them, along with a pad of paper and pen to write down the answers. The most common heard statement is, “gee, I have so many questions, but I can’t remember them right now.” Also, if you can, bring your laptop that you program your scanner with. Many questions deal with how to program scanners using software. I can’t express how much easier it is to help someone by walking them through their software while showing them what to do vs. just telling them. Of course, many of us bring our computers to help program scanners, along with showing off how Pro96Com works.

robwh

Premium Subscriber
Scanner meeting

Saturday's tend to work better for me. I will try and make it if I can. Best! Rob

04Z1V6

I will be going. When are the most people at the location, I will not be able to stay for more then an hour or so and I would like to meet as many as possible.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
So what are the highlights of today's meeting that I had to miss?

Jim<

utlchris

So what are the highlights of today's meeting that I had to miss?

Jim<

Well from our side of the table Luke was able to get me off to a great start with Pro96.com. Looking forward to finding some of the unknowns.

We also talked about Lakewood's P25 site and how it will probably not be until summer til we see any action on it. I believe that Wheat Ridge is still pending their P25 capable radio's.

There was also discussion amongst us and Tom about the new freq's assigned to Arvada/Westy and how they may be used. I think someone is going to monitor the system to see if there is any activity.

Great Pizza and fun times.

luke-1

I thought we had a great meet.

A decent turnout for this time of the year, I know some were concerned about the weather.

I think all questions got answered. Got to see the new GRE "SD card" scanner, pretty cool. When the digital version comes out, put me on the list for a few of those new toys.

Thank you to everyone who attended. I hope you got enough to eat and had a good time. See everyone in the spring :)

nathancarlson

I had a great time! It was nice putting faces to names, and I now have a new favorite Pizza place! That was great food! It is a long drive, but I think I will take my kids there for a special treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.