Scanner Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5KDF

Im in Lincoln co. on the north side, travel Stillwater 2-3 times a week.
Using a pro-433 as a base unit now but want a new handheld, still a lot of analog that i want to listen to, research I believe a 436 would treat me very well, not really thinking i need the sds-100
Those in the area please chime in

S

simpilo

Im in Lincoln co. on the north side, travel Stillwater 2-3 times a week.
Using a pro-433 as a base unit now but want a new handheld, still a lot of analog that i want to listen to, research I believe a 436 would treat me very well, not really thinking i need the sds-100
Those in the area please chime in
I am in Oklahoma County but based on Lincoln County RRDB Lincoln County is on OKWIN system. Is being replaced by a APCO P25 PII system. Be sure to buy a scanner with APCO P25 TDMA PII ability. It'll take time for the big switch. They're waiting on cities to migrate their systems to APCO P25 PII before they begin working on the new statewide system.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
So you are saying that the current OKWIN P25 PI systems are going to be replaced by PII?

fireant

OKWIN is Phase 1 no plans for Phase 2. At least not in near future they have even upgraded the metro area yet to Phase 1.

S

simpilo

OKWIN is Phase 1 no plans for Phase 2. At least not in near future they have even upgraded the metro area yet to Phase 1.
It is in the works right now. Oklahoma City is 2 months away from the cut over to APCO P25 PII
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2810&nopt=1
News Update Posted on 2019-01-13 08:17:20

This system is being replaced by a new P-25 system in 2019

OKWIN IS being replaced with APCO
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=844
Latest News Update Posted on 2019-02-03 10:39:17

This system is being replaced by the OKWIN P25 digital system. As this transition takes place, the two systems are linked together, sharing radio id's and talkgroups. Currently, the Troop B (Tulsa), Troop C (Muskogee), Troop F (Ardmore) and Shawnee areas are on the P-25 system.

OKC Metro
APCO P25 Phase II (TDMA)
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10198
Latest News Update Posted on 2019-04-05 06:36:54

It is important to note that this system is in a testing phase. Cutover to this system is expected by August or September of 2019.

The talkgroups listed here may not be permanent and are subject to change as the system comes on-line.

fireant

OKC is Phase 2.Okwin P25 phase 1 they are not the same system one is owned by OKC the other by the state of Oklahoma. I would not expect fast movement as the state is broke. I agree OKC is coming very soon.

W5KDF

I have decided to order a BCD436HP now and a 536 to replace my analog trunking PRO-433. I still have a lot of conventional vhf/uhf analog that i want to listen to, i read of the issues some have with the SDS models. Likely once my local areas switch over they will have a newer model that does all well.
Thanks for the input

S

simpilo

I have decided to order a BCD436HP now and a 536 to replace my analog trunking PRO-433. I still have a lot of conventional vhf/uhf analog that i want to listen to, i read of the issues some have with the SDS models. Likely once my local areas switch over they will have a newer model that does all well.
Thanks for the input
Enjoy your new scanners when they arrive. They look really nice.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I have decided to order a BCD436HP now and a 536 to replace my analog trunking PRO-433.

Good move. You'll also be able to add DMR and NXDN if you want.

To the best of my knowledge, Motorola only sells P25 systems now (no more "Type II"). Harris is the same. And since no one would buy a new system with old technology, any P25 system they buy will have TDMA capability ... since TDMA is the current P25 spec.

Lots of scanner fans think TDMA is some sort of extra-cost option designed to foil scanner owners. It's not. Technology moves on.

(It's encryption that's designed to foil scanner owners. And it's not an extra-cost option. See, for example, the terrorist-proof fireground channels in Norman ...)

w5tor

Premium Subscriber
Lincoln county has three owin talk groups and some 154.400 freqs. 95 percent of Lincoln sheriff and em and others are on 800(Carney tower)
Agra and Carney and Tryon are using Iowa tribe for dispatch and are active on that freq. Radio ref database is accurate on Public safety freq.
Happy Scanning with your 436 Uniden

S

simpilo

APCO P25 PI sure sounds better than EDACS Provoice. When I listen to Tinker AFB APCO P25 PI it sounds good on the open air groups. I wouldn't know how the Security Forces talk groups sound which encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.