Scanner not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAnjel

I've tried searching but am coming up empty because MDL is too short of a phrase to search for. I find it hard to believe no one else has ever had this problem.

I'm new to programming a digital scanner. I'm doing it for a friend. I, myself, have a Pro-164 and had no problem programming it w/ ARC and Radio Reference.

My problem is my Windows Vista laptop is not recognizing the scanner. I tried Freescan and ARC. I've checked Device manager, and nothing. The message I get is this:

"Freescan could not communicate with the scanner or the scanner is not recognized as being compatible. Response received MDL"

I am using a USB Wire, I've tried them in all 3 ports (USB 2.0) I used Freescan because I saw it referenced in another thread but that's when I got the error above.

What else can I do?

FallenAnjel

omg! I'm so sorry!! I was so tired when I wrote this! (and why I had two posts) I swear I am more lucid when I'm drinking (and I don't drink, lol)

A Uniden BCD396T

FallenAnjel

Drivers for the scanner or cable? Like I said before I've never played w/ a digital scanner. I never had to install drivers for the Pro-164 or the Pro-94 (I think that's it). just plugged everything in and away I went. :)

Drivers for the scanner or cable? Like I said before I've never played w/ a digital scanner. I never had to install drivers for the Pro-164 or the Pro-94 (I think that's it). just plugged everything in and away I went. :)

The software you installed with those scanners may have had the drivers installed in them or windows auto installed the right ones.

Did you get the cable from scanner master?
If so go down this page and you will see the drivers for your OS

http://www.scannermaster.com/USB_Cable_p/01-551038.htm

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The one thing you didn't mention was whether you loaded the drivers for the USB before connecting the cable. The drivers make the PC think the USB port has a COM address.

You didn't say what USB cable you were using, but in general, if you check the distributor's website you should be able to get the latest version of the drivers (always advisable)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.