scanner recording portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCHMEIFUCAN

Premium Subscriber
has anyone ever tryed using one of those mini digital voice recorders for recording with a scanner they look like they would work good an even better the ones with the mic input then you could have a portable recorder wherever you go too. just wondering if it has ever been used an the results.

pathalogical

YES ! I recently bought a digital voice recorder just for this purpose. I have used it several times to record interesting activity. It allows you to leave your scanner and then being able to listen to the parts you missed. This is the one I have Olympus VN-5000 Digital Voice Recorder | Digital Recorders | TheSource.ca It allows Vox recording so it doesn't leave long empty spaces between comms. You can place the recorder next to your scanner, but it might pick up surrounding noise therefor you may need adjust the mic sensitivity, but you can use the headphone output from radio to the mic input, then use an external speaker from earphone jack of recorder to listen without picking up external noise. Many use computer based recorders, which work fine, but may not allow the portability that a small voice recorder does. Hope this helps...

DPD1

There's usually a rare couple mp3 players out there that have an input and recording ability. I found an iRiver one a while back that does it. Works well. And you can hook it up to the comp. I don't know if they still make one like that.

pathalogical

There's usually a rare couple mp3 players out there that have an input and recording ability. I found an iRiver one a while back that does it. Works well. And you can hook it up to the comp. I don't know if they still make one like that.
Some of these digital recorders have MP3 and/or USB capabilities so you can transfer to your PC, but cost mo'money.

Status
Not open for further replies.