• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last feed is gone lol... Hocking county moved to new marks apco25 p25 phase 2 system.. can get my hands on a pro-106 for good price... will it work til I can afford a bcd536/436... thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Davey1

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. The Pro-106 does NOT receive P25 Phase 2. MARCS-IP is not using Phase 2 YET, so it will work fine to hear Hocking County, and all the rest of the state..It may be some time before it is upgraded to Phase 2. I use the Pro-106 to listen every day.

KD8DVR

Premium Subscriber
And there's something about spending 500 on a scanner that's a bit ridiculous

Get a pair of rtl sdr dongles and have at it. $50 or less and you are there.

AntiSquid disclaimer: All information provided is personal opinion only and may or may not resemble actual fact.

Ok so if I get the pro-?? Or similar that's phase 1 receivable I'll be fine.. just needing something so I can hear what's going on since not everyone got a marcs system radio... I'm really not radio savey...

Status
Not open for further replies.