ScannerAntenna For 2005 Scion XA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmich52

I'm Posting this In The CT Forum Instead Of The Antenna Forum Because I'm Looking For A Local Response, Since I Live In Eastern CT

I am Buying a Gently Used 2005 Scion XA Tommorow, 30/38 Mpg, Need I say more?

GOODBYE Gas Guzzling SUV!

My Questions Are as Follows.

I Have A BC 796D Scanner That I Will Be Installing Shortly & Would Like The Suggestions From The Folks Here About What Antenna Would Be The Best For It, Reception & Style Wise.

Some Low Band Freqs I Monitor, But Mostly UHF, All Of CSP & HPD.

Fixed Mount, Mag Mount, Glass Mount Or Other Suggestions Are Welcome

Also, Install Issues.

If Fixed Mount, How Difficult to DIYS Or Would a Professional Install Be More Appropriate.

If A Professional Install Is Best, Who Would Be The Reccomendation To Do It ?

TIA For The Ideas/Suggestions

wesct

bobmich52 said:
I'm Posting this In The CT Forum Instead Of The Antenna Forum Because I'm Looking For A Local Response, Since I Live In Eastern CT

I am Buying a Gently Used 2005 Scion XA Tommorow, 30/38 Mpg, Need I say more?

GOODBYE Gas Guzzling SUV!

My Questions Are as Follows.

I Have A BC 796D Scanner That I Will Be Installing Shortly & Would Like The Suggestions From The Folks Here About What Antenna Would Be The Best For It, Reception & Style Wise.

Some Low Band Freqs I Monitor, But Mostly UHF, All Of CSP & HPD.

Fixed Mount, Mag Mount, Glass Mount Or Other Suggestions Are Welcome

Also, Install Issues.

If Fixed Mount, How Difficult to DIYS Or Would a Professional Install Be More Appropriate.

If A Professional Install Is Best, Who Would Be The Reccomendation To Do It ?

TIA For The Ideas/Suggestions

depending on the vehicle, you might be able to mount an antenna between the hood and the fender.
using a mag mount is fine, although you have that cable that needs to find its way inside.
on glass antennas dont do the job very well on the lower frequencies. vhf high and above seem ok, but lowband will suffer.
the antenna that i like is the austin spectra, although some people will disagree with me.
as for installation, you know who- j+s in willimantic. the back log is long.
for an alternative, you could try action auto in newington on the berlin turnpike.

good luck

wesct

LedZeppelin

If all else fails, you might try giving a call to Lentini's in Newington as to who they would suggest install a scanner inside a vehicle as I'm sure they're asked this quite often.

bobmich52

Thanks Folks.

Went With The Glass Mounts, Very True That They are So So On the Low Bands, So I Will Put The VHF High Cross Over Freqs In To Adapt.

The Hood/Fender Area Is Not styled Straight, Somewhat at A Angle, So for the Time Being, Glass Is It.

Will wait until Vacations are Over, Then J&S Might Not Be So Busy

Thanks Again All

bobmich52

Just for Laughs, I Called J & S Yesterday.

Next Opening Was For The Middle Of October!

Glass Mount Antennas For Now I Guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.