scannercast seems to freeze up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaseth

Overall, I don't think my up-time is that bad. But a couple of times, I found that my feed was offline for several hours, I got the notification late, and since I was away from home I wasn't able to restart it.

I'm finding that when this happens, the scannercast software is actually frozen. I can not "x" out the window and have to bring up the task manager. After restarting it, it works fine.

We're talking about outages once or twice a week, but when there's often a dozen or more people listening, I feel pretty bad about it.

Are there any known compatibility issues with scannercast? Should I try something other than scannercast?

Thanks,
Seth

exportdawg

Overall, I don't think my up-time is that bad. But a couple of times, I found that my feed was offline for several hours, I got the notification late, and since I was away from home I wasn't able to restart it.

I'm finding that when this happens, the scannercast software is actually frozen. I can not "x" out the window and have to bring up the task manager. After restarting it, it works fine.

We're talking about outages once or twice a week, but when there's often a dozen or more people listening, I feel pretty bad about it.

Are there any known compatibility issues with scannercast? Should I try something other than scannercast?

Thanks,
Seth

I used ScannerCast but now use Radiofeed (proscan.org) They both are good programs...I guess try the Radiofeed and see how it works for you. I guess it's just a matter of preference

mediaseth

Thanks. I didn't move forward because it seemed to do fine for while. Seemed. Because I just went to listen myself and found it was offline.

I never received the email notification I usually get. I would have restarted the software much sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.