ScannerCast Windows 10 Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebsterEMA

Hello. I'm currently streaming 2 feeds from my organizations computer. The first one has been running no problem for months. We decided to do a second feed and, after some fiddling, got it working. BUT the second feed keeps popping up a notification

RR connection DOWN

The connection to audio1.broadcastify.com/(bunch of numbers and letters) has been lost. ScannerCast is trying to restore the connection.

THEN a matter of seconds later you get a pop up

RR connection is UP

The connection to audio1.broadcastify.com((bunch of numbers and letters) has been restored.

I've looked at the settings, and I can't see any differences, other than which feed is selected, between the two instances of ScannerCast, so I'm not sure why only one is displaying the continuous UP and DOWN notification. As far as I can tell, it's streaming the whole time. I've tried testing it when it says the feed is DOWN, and it streamed fine, but it changes so fast it's difficult to be sure I'm catching it during whatever is triggering the notification.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Are both of your feeds going to the same Broadcastify server, i.e. audio1.broadcastify.com?

Is it dropping and reconnecting all the time or at (more or less) the same time every day?

WebsterEMA

The notifications were going non-stop, continuously.

I actually got it fixed though I think. I had to restart my computer, which of course restarted the programs, and when they ran I saw an error I'd never seen before. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something about tags and com port if I remember right. I never messed with any of the tag settings, because I'm not using them and the first feed worked fine without me bothering with that stuff. But I stopped the feeds after the error, disabled the tag feature, and restarted it, and it's working fine. The notifications have stopped for about half an hour now.

WebsterEMA

Okay, apparently I was wrong. It's not fixed. the notification is popping up and down again and again. Is there any advice after all?

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Okay, apparently I was wrong. It's not fixed. the notification is popping up and down again and again. Is there any advice after all?

Are both feeds streaming to the same Broadcastify server?

Are you streaming it from your home or your workplace? If you're streaming it from work and it's going through a proxy server, weird things can happen (although you'd think it would affect both feeds).

Have you tried streaming it using RadioFeed rather than ScannerCast? I started out with ScannerCast and had issues ... switching to RadioFeed solved them. https://www.proscan.org/

Are you running AVG Antivirus? If so, disable it. AVG is known to cause problem with feeds. Even if you're running some other antivirus, disable it and see if that fixes it (although again, you'd think it would affect both feeds).

If switching to RadioFeed and disabling the antivirus software doesn't fix it, download PingPlotter and let it run for several hours. PingPlotter will show where drops are occuring along the path from your PC to the Broadcastify servers. There is no guarantee that both feeds follow the same path to the Broadcastify servers ...

Last edited:

WebsterEMA

Thank you for your response. Sorry for the slow response. I'm not at the site my organization broadcasts from very often.

I have a new problem, and I'm not sure if it's genuinely new, or a progression of the above problem. I can no longer broadcast at all. Attempting to broadcast from Scannercast gets the below error

Radio reference auto config error Error accessing RR The request failed with HTTP status 417 Expectation failed

I downloaded and ran the RadioFeed program from Proscan as recommended above. It's able to connect to get the configuration info from Broadcastify, but when attempting to connect it says
Source client unable to connect to a broadcastify server

My firewall is set to allow any outgoing traffic from this IP address. It is also set to send all port 80 traffic to this IP address. I do not have AVG.

I've run the PingPlotter program for both servers my feeds connect to.

In the first, I have 3 servers showing packet loss, one after the other. 1st at 43%, 2nd at 31%, 3rd at 68%.

For the second feed, I have packet loss for the same 3 servers, with very similar numbers.

I haven't run it for hours yet, but those are the results after about 15 minutes. I've got it running
still, so I'll update tomorrow probably if those numbers change significantly.

Are those spots potentially the problem? There are 4 hops, including the broadcastify server, after those 3 and no loss for those. They're well outside my ISP's network I think, so I can't imagine there's anything I can do about it if it is right?

I was working so well before. I should've never tempted fate or the internet gods by adding that second feed lol

WebsterEMA

Just as an update, after running the trace for about a week, those three hops still have high packet loss. The highest being 65%. But the hops after are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.