ScannerLive For Windows PCs Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Here's what ScannerLive will do on your Windows system...

1) Select multiple online feeds to monitor (up to 10 per bank)
2) Save your layout in up to 10 banks for quick changes on the fly
3) Monitor all feeds in a bank, and if audio is heard on one of the feeds it will mute the others
4) Selectable delay, so you can have it stay on that feed until xx seconds has passed with no audio before scanning again
5) Priority selection, so if audio pops up on your priority feed while listening to another - it will jump to the feed you've selected as prority
6) Change the volume settings individually
7) Ability to have certain feeds come out of left or right speaker only if desired
8) Audio meter active on all feeds (even when they are muted so you can manually switch if desired)
9) Temporarily lock out a feed
10) Hold or manually select a feed to stay on until pressing scan again

It checks all your feeds 10 times per second, so it's not really "scanning" as it is always looking for active audio. A free trial version is available for download, and you can register for $19.99 via PayPal instantly too! There's a discount available for RadioReference feed providers, so PM me for more on that.

The install, user's guide and SL forum are available at ScannerLive

This is a licensed RadioReference application.

- Rob

Last edited:

04Z1V6

I have all the RR feeds for Colorado programmed into ScannerLive and have had no problems. Instead of using a player like Window Media or Winamp try this you can switch feeds in a flash. This program is very small and will use very little CPU. I don't ever turn on my scanner that I listen to at home anymore, no need, I have it all on my notebook now. If you can't tell I love this scanner.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't tried a competing product so I am biased. But I'll say that I think ScannerLive is a brilliant application. It sure beats trying to load up a few copies of WinAMP, a Java App, a regular web player, etc. and juggle all of those feeds, all the while trying to adjust left-right balance on stereo feeds and keep volume levels steady. You will pull your hair out if you do it manually.

But, if you use ScannerLive, you can have all the feeds active in one condensed Window; you can prioritize a feed, mute one or more, adjust volume / "squelch" levels, listen to RR feeds and non-RR feeds. And if you are listening to RR Feeds, the setup is all integrated into ScannerLive where you can use pull-down menus to add the RR feeds in.

Rob, you've done a brilliant job on this. I hope it is as successful as I think it should be. If people try it, people will like it :)

Mike

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Wow, this is a cool app!

Two questions:

Is it supposed to present audio from multiple feeds at once, or just one at a time? I have two feeds configured, one to left and one to right. I only hear one at a time, even though I see the other one go active.

Can I use the registered version on more than one PC (one at a time - like at work and then at home)?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
1) One at a time, just like a scanner. Future version will have an "active' volume (like normal) and a "muted" volume, so if you want you can still hear just a little bit even when another feed is transmitting.

2) As long as they are machines under your "control" then you can use the same keycode.

04Z1V6

One at a time. You can use the program on multiple computers as long as you own them. I have my ScannerLive setup on my home PC my notebook I use for personal use and my work notebook.

NYRHKY94

I have to say that Rob's program has quickly become my primary tool for listening to live feeds. I've always listened to several scanners at once in my shack, as well as multiple feeds on RR. Like many of us here, listening to one scanner or one department is just not enough ;-)

Rob's nifty little program was the perfect solution for someone like me. Now, I just have to bring up one program on my PC and I'm instantly listening to 10 feeds at once with little to no effort on my part. My 10 feeds consist of departments where I currently live and also from various places I used to live around the Northeast.

At night, I run Rob's program on my main PC downstairs in the shack hooked-up to an FM Transmitter. I tune that in upstairs on my bedstand FM radio (Bearcat 370CRS) and listen to broadcasts from all of my favorite places every night.

Simply put, Rob has provided us with a great solution. Well worth the registration fee and highly recommended!

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the kind words everyone... This just started off as a "I think that would be neat for myself" project and grew from there!

Yesterday I updated the software to include feed tags. If you already installed it, the software will check daily for new updates and let you know, or you can go back to the setup page and hit "launch" and will force the update.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a great idea. I haven't listened to a lot of audio feeds in the past, but I'll give this a try.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
FREE REGISTRATION OFFER!

I'm graphically challenged, and in exchange for someone making a nice banner ad (like http://s.radioreference.com/i/p4/tp/smPortalBanner.gif) will give out a free keycode. Drop by the forum if interested and post your sample in the thread. If it passes muster with the main beta team, a free SL is coming your way!

Hamrad

Questions

I just watched the demo and the program appears to be very useful. I have a few questions.

1) How long is the demo good for? I find a number of times I have installed demo programs and by the time I get back to trying them out, the demo has run out and the demo can not be re-installed.

2) If you install the demo, can you just enter the "key" later once you have purchased the program and not have to reinstall the program and loose your settings.

Thanks for your time,

Tom

gregsto

OK...so I paid via paypal and registered. However when I go to the registration tab in the program it asks for a user name and password. Neither were provided with the purchase or in subsequent emails. The is a 16 digit receipt number and i tried that as the password and my email as the user name...nuthin. Little help??

gregsto

OK...so I paid via paypal and registered. However when I go to the registration tab in the program it asks for a user name and password. Neither were provided with the purchase or in subsequent emails. The is a 16 digit receipt number and i tried that as the password and my email as the user name...nuthin. Little help??

Never mind! Thanks for the email Rob...all set...

rdale

Premium Subscriber
As an FYI - PayPal just takes the funds. I have to manually generate a keycode based on your username, so that response is not always instant depending on the time of day.

- Rob

dmintzer

Premium Subscriber
Rob-- Fantastic. Worth every penny, just like rr is. One question- how can i modify or delete a feed on a bank I have fdny then i thought to put it on one speaker. Delete and do again? or modify? Don't see how to do either. Thanks for a GREAT program Dean

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Modifying is coming... In the meantime, delete (stop scanning, and right-click over the feed) and re-add.

Status
Not open for further replies.