Scanners and comuters

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCVFD1

How do you keep from having trouble with RF on the scanner with the computer running can someone help ? thank you

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I have a broken PMM3B (just the aerial, it broke off the base) mounted in an old mag mount sitting on a chest near the window... improves reception and reduces computer noises.....

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Replace CRT monitors with LCD. Use high quality cables for network, USB, RS232 serial, parallel printer, video, etc. Use power strips that include RFI filtering. Make sure your 3-prong electrical outlets are properly grounded, and don't use 2-prong extension cords. Keep the cover on computer cases. If possible, plug all radios into a separate circuit from computer equipment.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
How do you keep from having trouble with RF on the scanner with the computer running can someone help ? thank you
The #1 thing I do to mitigate RF from electronics interfering with my scanner reception is to use an outdoor antenna. If the scanner is sitting there right next to stuff with a rubber antenna, it is going to pick it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.