Scanners hold their value

Status
Not open for further replies.

nategb

Premium Subscriber
I'm used to the computer hardware market where the value of items plummet like a rock in a short amount of time. I recently sold my Uniden BC72XLT and made a $10 profit off of it. I bought it new in 2010 for $75 (including shipping) and sold it for $85. I guess some of the value came from the fact that I programmed it for the new owner but that did not cost me anything more than 15min or so. I sold it to help fund the purchase of my new BCD436HP. I am certain that the 436 will hold it's value pretty good in case a situation arises where I need to sell it or when a new scanner comes out. I don't see it's value falling below $400 for at least a few years (unless the 436 turns out to be a total flop, but it won't).

pvf

It's a funny market. I had and air band tranceiver collecting dust for 10+ yrs that went for more than I would've ever guessed. Difference between mine and the new version was it ran off a AA's or a rechargable pack. The new ones are Li ion rechargeable, only. For a backup, it sure is nice to have a radio full of lithium AA's that you don't have to worry about for a few years. Newer isn't always better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.