Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justy

What Type of Scanners do yall Use too Monitor Countys LIke Johnston And Wake And all Of the other Countys?
Write me back.

J

justy

I Got the info i Wanted I Have too get A 900MHZ Scanner And they cost Two Thousand Bucks!
In Order too be able too listen Too the Johnston county sherriff.

zmanpro96

OK, well I monitor a Pro96 for Wake co and Viper digital. and a Pro95 for Johnston county analog...Yeah you might just wanna give up on hearing JC anytime soon unless its a rare instance when a dispatcher has the TG on Analog, even then you cant hear the unit only the dispatch....

J

justy

I have Two frequencies For JC They are 154.340 And 155.235 Those are the only two Frequencies i can monitor In JC Unless I Pay Two thousand bucks.
Or Anybody comes foward with anymore Info.
Remember if you Have anymore info for JC Or Wake county NC You can Email Me at Justy735@hotmail.com

blueline_308

This a copy and paste from Larry VanHorn's BTown monitoring blog. I think he answers the question of Pro-Voice very well, which I think JC uses.

"Monitoring the Pro Voice Digital Protocol - Not!
I have noticed some people using Google searching for information on how to monitor a radio trunk system that uses the ProVoice digital protocal.

In short, "you won't, and there will not be a scanner that will include that mode." M/A-COM has made it clear that they will NOT allow the scanner manufacturers a license to include that proprietary codec in a scanner. The IMBE vocoder is used in ProVoice, but ProVoice is not compatible with Project 25, so a Project 25 scanner will not automatically be able to follow ProVoice systems.

Oh yes, same thing applies for:

Open Skies, which is used by the Pennsylvania statewide public safety system uses the popular Internet Protocol (IP) and is rather unique in that all radio traffic is digital from one end of the system to the other. OpenSky uses a different DVSI vocoder known as AMBE (Advanced Multi-Band Excitation), and is not compatible with Project 25.

Aegis was originally developed by Ericsson (now M/A-COM) that uses yet another type of vocoder, and it is not compatible with Project 25.

Motorola VSELP is an older Motorola ASTRO digital protocol that uses a different vocoder referred to as VSELP, which stands for Vector Sum Excited Linear Prediction. As with any non-IMBE vocoder, VSELP is not compatible with Project 25.

And those are the facts folks.

# posted by Larry @ 6:26 AM"

khubbard

they page on them two freqs. then they talk on the 800 mhz. now scanner is going to be able to listen to them. go spend your $2000 and you will see that you still cant hear anything

zmanpro96

Man there is a whole lot more monitoring in JC than just 154.340 and 155.235..Yes those are the main FD and Ems dispatches, but if you have a trunktracker scanner just program in the JC Edacs system.. You will then hear Selma, Smithfield, and most small town PDs in JC.. The only thing you cant hear is Sheriff Dept, most ops channels, Ems Disp, and Fire Disp.. But things can get exciting on the TGs you can hear.. You dont need to hear the JC sheriffs department to keep up on info in Johnston County.... Just do some research on the database...

J

justy

Ok Is There any Other Websites That have Databases?
Write me back.
Or Yall Can PM Me.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I can see where this thread is headed....Justy...I am feeling generous so I am just going to lock this for now...READ THIS CAREFULLY JUSTY: READ EVERYTHING IN THE RADIOREFERENCE.COM WIKI (located HERE)
BEFORE YOU MAKE ANOTHER POST! IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER POST WITHOUT READING THE ENTIRE WIKI THEN I WILL HAVE YOU BANNED! I have tried to coddle you, counsel you, educate you, but you still don't get it....one more post with a question that is easily answered or questions that have already been answered or one more post asking for freq info to be sent to your email address will get you banned!
Believe me, I am already in a *****y mood due to the heat you really want to make your next post carefully....
Thanks for comprehending the above!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.