Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzan77

I have the bcd536hp and I can't seem to hear any osp traffic, only local sheriff and police ems. . I'm in toledo oh near maumee. I know there is an osp on the turnpike about 8 miles west of me. Anyone have any ideas why im not hearing them or what I need to do to receive there freq or service.

Thnx
Dan

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the bcd536hp and I can't seem to hear any osp traffic, only local sheriff and police ems. . I'm in toledo oh near maumee. I know there is an osp on the turnpike about 8 miles west of me. Anyone have any ideas why im not hearing them or what I need to do to receive there freq or service.

Thnx
Dan

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Dan,
Are you scanning using a favorites list? Or just using the main database and your location?

First, when you received your 536HP, did you just start using it? Or did you install the Sentinel software, update the database in the software, then write the updated information to the scanner. If you have not updated the database in the scanner, it is likely well out of date. Update Sentinel's database, and write that to the scanner first.

Which Service Types do you have enabled? By default, the scanner ships with Dispatch channels service types active (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch). But in a number of cases, much of the activity is on frequencies or talkgroups tagged as 'Tac' or 'Talk'. Examples would be "Law Talk", "Law Tac", "Fire Tac", etc. Make sure that you turn those on.

Get the database updated, then re-try to see what you are hearing. Don't forget to check the Range setting you're using as well. See this link for a more extensive explanation of how the range setting works: How it Works: Location, Location, Location

danzan77

Updated

Thnx Steve, that was the first thing i did, install sintinel software and updated firmware and database. Also purchased provoice firmware upgrade, seem to pickup more townships around Toledo mainly fire and ems.
I'll try the tac law tac talk see what happens. Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.