Scantenna Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy404ns

I "need" to get a second multi-band antenna for my shack and I'm sure it'll be the Scantenna, more or less so I can compare it to my 20-176 and settle the debate for myself. 2 questions about it that I either couldnt find answers to by searching or was just too lazy to search hard enough...

1) Does the antenna come with mounting hardware? If not, what did you use to mount it?

2) All the pictures show it mounted on a horizontal cross beam. Does it not mount to a vertical beam?

Thanks,

Andy

edit: I have no idea why I posted this question here. Damn finals week. I'm far too tired these days. Can a mod move it to the antenna forum? Thanks.

hoser147

andy404ns said:
I "need" to get a second multi-band antenna for my shack and I'm sure it'll be the Scantenna, more or less so I can compare it to my 20-176 and settle the debate for myself. 2 questions about it that I either couldnt find answers to by searching or was just too lazy to search hard enough...

1) Does the antenna come with mounting hardware? If not, what did you use to mount it?

2) All the pictures show it mounted on a horizontal cross beam. Does it not mount to a vertical beam?

Thanks,

Andy

edit: I have no idea why I posted this question here. Damn finals week. I'm far too tired these days. Can a mod move it to the antenna forum? Thanks.
It comes with the mounting hardware, and you can mount it to a vertical mast standoff. Hoser

NYRHKY94

Hi Andy:

My Scantenna is attached to a 10' vertical pole from RS. I also got the 12" wall mount brackets from RS. It's mounted about 35' feet up near the roof eave. Picture is below for you.

Last edited:

andy404ns

Thanks for the quick responses guys - So does it actually come with that horizontal metal piece that projects it away from the vertical mast? That would be excellent.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
andy404ns said:
...edit: I have no idea why I posted this question here. Damn finals week. I'm far too tired these days. Can a mod move it to the antenna forum? Thanks.
Consider it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.