Scantenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpltd

I know it's an antenna question but I put in here because it's more of a local question.
Move it if you must.

Does anyone know where I can go and pick up a scantenna without ordering online around the GTA, Mississauga/ Brampton area?

unpltd

Cool, Because I went to Radio World and they never heard of them. lol

And they want 110 for a Discone and didn't have any in stock.

Thanks!!

Do you know if it comes with the filter, wire and stuff too?

Last edited:

unpltd

Well, Durham Radio Rocks!!!

Send them an E-mail Thursday afternoon about the ST2 and he quickly replied that he had one left in stock. So I E-mail him back and asked him to hold it for me and he replied no problem.

So I left work at 4:30 and headed down the 401 (yes at a crawl) Got in Whitby at 5 minutes to six and called them and said I was just around the corner. He said no problem and he would wait for me. sweet!

Thanks Durham Radio!!

Got the antenna put up Friday afternoon and love it so far.

Oh and it's mounted to my Chimney mounted ten foot mast using a set and a half (3) chimney mounts and the mast is grounded with 14awg copper ground wire to a six foot copper pipe pounded in the ground. I have my coax grounded outside on a grounding block as well just before it comes inside. And all is tied in to the hydro ground 12 feet away. That was my project over the last couple weeks.

And I’m also going to pick up some chimney sweep fiberglass rods to fix it up for the weather when I go back up to take down my duel band and move the ST2 up higher on the mast.

Edit: Because I had a brain fart!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.