School bus radio frequencies for milwaukee county

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
With school approaching soon, school bus frequencies become active. Does anyone have a list of school bus radio frequencies and PL/DPL codes or what LTR system they are on. The bus companies I am looking for are:

Alliance
Bestway
Durham School Services
DBI
First Student
Laidlaw
Lakeside
Riteway

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
My best bet is to scan the frequencies and try to uncover them. After doing some of my quick research, I found Laidlaw and Lakeside in this list (Other Businesses Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference), DBI, Laidlaw, and Riteway in this list (Milwaukee Repeater Service (Milwaukee) Trunking System, Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies). There are some other bus lines, but these are all in your list that I found.

These frequencies are in the database and they aren't hard to find. Before starting a thread asking, you should look them up yourself, because I found half of your list in 5 minutes. However, I didn't find the other 4 you asked for, and I'm not sure anyone else here will know. As I said before, my best bet is to scan frequencies to uncover them.

CrabbyMilton

ToDaMax said it perfectly. This site is a wonderful source of info and you can always search the business bands to find others. LAMERS uses an LTR system but they are the only user on that system so you can program them as conventional as they'll work just fine.

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
ToDaMax said it perfectly. This site is a wonderful source of info and you can always search the business bands to find others. LAMERS uses an LTR system but they are the only user on that system so you can program them as conventional as they'll work just fine.

It shows the LTR system to be in waukesha, can you listen to the system in milwaukee?

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
I don't see why not. Bus lines aren't governed by county boundaries, so having a company in multiple counties is very realistic. The Waukesha LTR system might be able to be heard from Milwaukee, depending on the repeater's range. I don't know how these bus companies work, so my knowledge of this subject is limited

I'll stand by what I said earlier and think you should take every frequency you find in Waukesha and surrounding counties (depending on how far out you want to hear bus comms) and put them all into your scanner and listen to them all, and still scan any additional frequencies to find and choose which ones you want. Experiment a little and see what you come up with. I never checked anything but Milwaukee, so keep looking around

CrabbyMilton

I live in Milwaukee and LAMERS school bus frequencies come thru as clear as can be. I'm not sure where the repeaters are but they have to be strong enough since LAMERS covers a large area. They also have their low power(155.160) that they still use. I just want to remind everyone to take a listen to school bus frequencies. You will find them most entertaining especially the frist week of school. You will hear all kinds of reports of kids getting on wrong buses and misbehaving and all of the ramifications of those and other problems.

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
I found 2 other bus companies known as "bestway" and "Joy Farm" by looking in the FCC database. surprisingly enough, they are on low band. Bestway uses 46.0400 and Joy Farm uses 37.9400.
How far is low band known to go, without repeaters?

CrabbyMilton

You can program those but you also have to remember that those can inactive even though they are still assigned to the respective companies. In other words, if you don't hear anything on those, chances are they moved to a new system or they may use them for low power out of repeater range.

Status
Not open for further replies.