Scott County MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemiliovlpe

I'm using a Uniden BC125AT handheld scanner to monitor Scott County police and fire. The problem is; the only freqs I can hear are the two Scott Co. Sheriff freqs with PL tones. The scanner was programmed by Scanner Master. Why am I not able to hear Forest and Morton? Please help. Thank-you

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Scott is centrally dispatched by the SO/EOC. MPD etc do have option for an private/tactical chan. but from my info rarely use it. Most of the smaller counties like Franklin do the same thing. Its simpler, and cheaper. Back in the day, everyone had their own system. Only poorer smaller county that went the opposite direction I know of is Jefferson, as they let Fayette set up their own VHF radio. But now, I think they went back to central dispatch at least on MSWIN.

frazmandemo

i always found it surprising that they were all dispatched by the so. because cities such as quitman,in Clarke county... and newton in newton county all have their own dispatch.and Forrest seems to be a much larger city.

TheRadioGuru

i always found it surprising that they were all dispatched by the so. because cities such as quitman,in Clarke county... and newton in newton county all have their own dispatch.and Forrest seems to be a much larger city.

Actually Quitman is dispatched from Clarke County Dispatch.....

Status
Not open for further replies.