SDR# and ACARSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacrity174

Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried a search but didn't find what I was looking for.

Just got started with SDR's and have the RTL-SDR dongle loaded with SDR#, this works fine and I ca hear transmissions fine. I then tried decoding ACARS with the Acarsd program and I can't see a thing, the signal is getting to the SDR and SDR# but doesn't seem to be transferring over to the Acarsd. I have tried all the help questions and changing all the settings but still nothing.

Anyone got the magic answer please.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Should be your filtering. I Haven't used SDR# in a long time, but there should be a checkbox to remove the filtering so you can get raw audio out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thewraith2008

Whatever your SDR# audio output device is, it must be set as 'Default Device' in windows.
This is generally set to WAVE, but if your using a virtual audio cable then this must be set as 'Default Device'

Note that the volume slider in SDR# affects output, so make sure you have it set to an OK level.

To set 'Default Device' in windows. Right click speaker on systray (right bottom of screen) then click 'Recording devices'. Then click your device then click 'Set Device'.

ACARS works OK if 'Filter Audio' is checked or unchecked in SDR#.

Status
Not open for further replies.