SDR and MOSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0gcm

Feed Provider
this has probably been answered before but after 3 hrs of forum reading I have not found it.

is it possible to use a NooElec NESDR Mini 2 and some sort of software to monitor the MOSWIN talk groups.

if it is possible can someone steer me in the right direction as far as information about how to do this..

thanks in advance

wb0wao

Are you wanting to monitor just the control channel data or listen to the traffic on talk groups? If all you are wanting to do is get the control channel data, I would think that using SDR# and UniTrunker should work. If you are wanting to monitor an actual TG, follow it, and listen to the traffic - I don't know enough about that device to answer that.

It looks similar to what I use (RTL-SDR) to monitor the local MOSWIN site control channel data, and I read that I could use 2 of them to monitor and follow traffic on a talk group - but I haven't tried that as I only have the one.

I'm pretty sure it could be done, but I don't know the particulars. You may want to ask on the general scanner software forum as they may have better info.

AD0JA

Repeater Collector
SDR on MOSWIN

yes, it can be done. I have done it multiple times on the Warren county site before I bought my XTS5000.

I specifically recommend the Nooelec SDRs, they work the best.

You'll need two SDRs, Unitrunker, VBaudio cable, and DSD+. The computer that this will run on will need to be fairly new, with at least a dual core processor and 2gig of RAM.

Get Unitrunker here: Unitrunker

Get DSD+ here: DSDPlus – Digital Decoder

Get VBaudio Cable here: VB-Audio Virtual Apps

If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to post instructions to this thread.

talkpair

I have used DSD on my Linux box to listen to individual voice channels on Moswin.
You can get some decent sounding audio, but it is still not as good as the professional gear.

In my opinion, the software isn't ready for prime time, and requires too much computing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.