SDR# Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I bought a dongle and have been playing with it a little. I was able to receive FM and WX and a thousand control channels.

Is there a way to reset the software to defaults? I must have changed a setting now I can't even receive FM broadcasts.

SCPD

QRT
Delete your SDR# folder.
Redownload it from airspy.com
Make a new folder and unzip the fresh download to it.
Run the RTL install.bat file

br0adband

I don't see a problem here, it takes like 30 seconds to get SDR# up and running (once you have the Zadig drivers installed because that's just a one time thing). What xeno194 above is pretty much all it takes. SDR# is not installed like some software is, it exists only inside the Zip archive which takes like 2 seconds to extract, then you run the install-rtlsdr.bat file which takes at most 10 seconds for most people because it downloads a few files into the SDR# folder created when you extracted the Zip file.

Bing, bang, boom, you're done in 30 seconds or less.

What's the problem? :confused:

If you can't receive FM broadcasts, is it possible that you've changed the receive mode from WFM (wideband FM necessary for FM broadcasts) to something else? Weather broadcasts use NFM (narrowband FM) so you can't hear the FM radio station broadcasts if it's set to NFM, you have to switch it back to WFM with the selection in the upper left hand corner.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Its also possible that its not the software. Some times the dongle gets stuck or frozen and simply unplugging it and then plugging it back in does the trick. Its also possible its an antenna problem.

And you mentioned "thousands of control freqs" Did you just tune to these ? Did you save them? Not sure what plug-ins you may have downloaded. If you downloaded and plug-ins, you would need to throw the .dll files into the new sdr and redo the magic lines in the xml file...

Status
Not open for further replies.